5. Stay With Me

KELSEY'S POV 

After receiving my award I headed to the restroom to pee and touch up my make up. As I washed my hands I looked up in the mirror to see Grant standing behind me. 

Kelsey: Uhhh you know you can't be in here this is a ladies' room...I mean never mind it's 2019. 

Grant: Oh Kelsey...how I loathe you 

Kelsey: (I grabbed paper towels to dry my hands) Wow what a surprise..yeah anyone with eyes can see you hated me..I don't know why because I didn't do anything for you to hate me so much...

Grant: Oh I'll show you how much I hate you!

I was so confused what he meant and then he pulled out a gun. I screamed as he got closer, and then I heard Julian yell out my name. He immediately ran inside and saw what was going on so he jumped in front of me trying to reason with Grant. I couldn't even hear what was going on because I was so scared. Julian just held out his arm behind me to make sure I was okay, so I grabbed his arm as he tried telling Grant to put the gun down. I didn't know what to do because I was so traumatized. I heard Grant yell that he was the one who sent the texts to us claiming we were each other, breaking up with each other without knowing. I wanted to scream at Grant, but I was too scared. All of a sudden I hear Julian yell, "NOOOOO!" and I look up to see him face me as he shielded me from the bullets. Julian fell on top of me as Grant ran out of the restroom. 

Kelsey: oh my gosh Julian! why?!? please tell me you're okay. 

Julian: I love you Kelsey James..I would die for you...

Those were his last words he said to before he blacked out. I screamed and cried for help, holding him in my arms. Our clothes were covered in Julian's blood. Then all of a sudden I heard another gun shot go off. That sound traumatized me. I kept screaming for help as I tried waking Julian up when Cooper ran in. 

Cooper: oh my gosh Kelsey what happened?!?

Kelsey: (between sobs) Julian saved me from Grant...please...please help him call for help...I need him..I can't lose him 

Cooper: I called for paramedics already..the event has been evacuated as soon as we heard the first round of gun shots. I looked to see what happened and then I saw that Grant had shot himself. (Cooper helped me try to stop Julian from bleeding anymore.)

Kelsey: Cooper...I can't lose him please help me

Cooper: Everything is going to be alright. Just wait here I'll see if the paramedics are here. 

Cooper ran out of the restroom yelling for help. As I held Julian in my arms. 

Kelsey: C'mon stay with me bubs (that's what we called each other) everything's going to be okay...you're strong you'll make it...you can't leave me please 

I looked up once Cooper led the paramedics into the restroom. They carried Julian away from me, and I held on because I didn't want to lose him. But I knew they had to take him to the hospital as soon as possible. Monique and Cooper tried pulling me away, but I just ran after the paramedics wheeling Julian into the truck. I hoped on and held onto Julian's hand. Once we got there all the nurses had to stop me from going into the operating room. 

Nurse: Ma'am please you can't go in there 

Kelsey: Please I just need to know if he's going to be okay

Nurse: The doctors will try to do their best to keep him alive and stable.

Kelsey: Please I can't lose him too.