Changes

(A/N: warning - lots of angst 😭😭😭😭😭)

Years have passed, and Jiang Fengmian didn’t come back to the Cloud Recesses. But, he still kept his communication with Cangse Sanren and one time he invited her to come to the Lotus Pier after she left the Cloud Recesses.

“How shameless!”  Yu Ziyuan said, mad, as she glared at Jiang Fengmian and Cangse Sanren. “You will be getting married yet you dare bring a woman here!” she said, mad.

“She’s a friend – “ Jiang Fengmian said, then sighed when Yu Ziyuan just walked out. He turned to Cangse Sanren. “Don’t mind her.” He told her.

“She’s really beautiful…” Cangse Sanren said, then grimaced. “As for me…”

“Maiden Cangse is very pretty.” Wei Changze said as he entered, bringing them food.

Cangse Sanren’s eyes lit up and she ran towards Wei Changze. “Changze, ah.” She called. “Am I really pretty?” she asked and smiled sweetly.

Wei Changze’s face went red. “Of course.” He answered and looked away, shy.

Jiang Fengmian watched them two with a smile on his face. His bestfriend with the girl he used to like… he just shook his head as they started to eat. “Oh, right.” Cangse Sanren said. “You’ve never gone back to the Cloud Recesses, right? How many years has it been…” she said and sighed. “You should go there once in a while. There’s been a big change!” she told him.

“What is it?” Jiang Fengmian asked.

“Qingheng-jun finally became the sect leader. Then, he got a wife. But… there seemed to be problems regarding his wife…” she muttered and continued rambling. Wei Changze listened to her.

However, Jiang Fengmian’s waiting for that name. And Cangse Sanren didn’t fail him.

“Also, Lan Qiren – “ she said and looked at him. 
Jiang Fengmian felt his heart skipped a beat.

"What about him?” he asked, kept his face neutral.

As expected, Cangse Sanren’s brows raised. “Why so indifferent? Weren’t you two close before?” she asked, puzzled. “You even left me and the group to go have a dat-greet Qingheng-jun and him when you saw them at the Caiyi Town. Then, you never went back. I could only walk back with the group together…” she said and sighed.

“Is that true?!” Wei Changze asked, surprised. He turned to Jiang Fengmian. “Sect leader, you shouldn’t cut ties with your friends no matter how many years passed.” He told him.

Jiang Fengmian just smiled. “Alright. Let’s go to Cloud Recesses together.” He told her.

“Yes!” Cangse Sanren said, then chatted with Wei Changze.

Jiang Fengmian sighed. These two… he thought and shook his head as he resumed eating. I wonder… how is he now? He thought.

I’ll know it once we’d go to Cloud Recesses.

Cloud Recesses.

“Sect leader Jiang!” the disciples of the GusuLan Sect exclaimed when they saw him arrive.

Jiang Fengmian forced a smile. “I’m here to talk with sect leader Lan.” He answered, then glanced at Cangse Sanren who’s humming as she looked around, feeling nostalgic.

“Aiyo! Sect leader is in closed cultivation right now. Also, the elders aren’t around…”

“Hey. Senior Lan is here.”

“Oh. Right.”

“’Senior Lan’?” Jiang Fengmian asked.

“Senior Lan Qiren – sect leader Qingheng-jun’s younger brother. He’s the one teaching the disciples and the guest disciples now…” they answered. “Sect leader Jiang doesn’t know him?” they asked.