Visit

(A/N: a continuation of Visit of the extra in What If WangXian fic. And also... maybe of this book Nostalgia? 😂😂😂😏😏😏😏😏)

Summary: Jiang Fengmian decided to pay a visit to Lan Qiren after (the fujoshi) Yu Ziyuan and also for the sake of his friendship with Qingheng-jun – Lan Qiren’s elder brother. When he was alive, he saw him as a strict teacher who grew mustache and goatee. When he saw him again, he didn’t expect what he will find out.

Gusu – Cloud Recesses.

This is the second day Jiang Fengmian is observing Lan Qiren. Ever since yesterday he saw him took off the mustache and goatee, he felt like the rag underneath his feet had been pulled out. In short, he was fooled. When he was alive, the last interaction he has with Lan Qiren is talking about Wei Wuxian’s matter with Jin Zixuan. And it has been a long time after that.

He stared at him for five whole minutes. Lan Qiren looks the same as ever – strict, eyes narrowed and has a mustache and goatee. Yes. It was real. Last night, the sticker mustache and sticker goatee that he saw was only his eyes playing tricks on him. (You sure it’s not the author?) How? Coz after he blinked and he saw Lan Qiren’s wearing his mustache and goatee again. Of course, he wanted to pull the mustache and goatee to see if they’re real or fake. Yet, he is a ghost and he can’t touch things. And before the seventh day he stays here in earth would end, he must have returned to heaven – meaning that he has to confirm if Lan Qiren’s mustache and goatee is real. My lady sent me here to just ‘visit’ Lan Qiren yet this now turned to a mystery case. He thought as he leaned on the wall and crossed his arms on his chest, then watch Lan Qiren speak. This is still just the second day. In still have five days left. He thought.

“Currently, we are dealing with corpses since that is our responsibility – to ease the people’s fear and secure their life. But – “ Lan Qiren said. “ – what if it’s a ghost?” he asked.

“A ghost?”

“Senior Lan must be joking.”

“Who would believe in such things?”

“Silence.” Lan Qiren said. “First, this is just a what-if. Second, walking corpses exist, so how can a ghost not exist? And third – “ he said, his eyes narrowed as he touched his goatee. “ – our soul becomes ghost if our soul won’t find a vessel – that is, needless to say, a body.” He explained.

“Teacher. How can our soul find a body?”

“One, reincarnation.” Lan Qiren said and walked. “Two – “ his eyes narrowed as he stopped right in front of Jiang Fengmian.
Jiang Fengmian’s eyes went wide, surprised, when he came face to face with Lan Qiren. … he can see me? He asked, shocked. Lan Qiren’s eyes are boring into his. Like I thought, he’s beautiful up close. If only not for the mustache and goatee.

“Senior Lan?”

Lan Qiren raised his hand to reach on the wall where Jiang Fengmian is standing. Jiang Fengmian immediately scuttled away. He saw Lan Qiren reached a scroll. “To possess a body.” He said as he opened the scroll, deliberately brushing Jiang Fengmian. Yet, Jiang Fengmian knew and he grinned. He glided back, only to feel his soul froze. He turned, then saw his soul was sticking to the sword hanging on the lecture hall. The sword is glowing faintly, indicating some spiritual force is on work. However, it was slightly faint and so nobody noticed. Of course, nobody aside from Lan Qiren. Because, this is his sword.

The class resumed without a hitch.

Library Pavilion.

Lan Qiren laid down his sword on the table and undid whatever spell it was that made Jiang Fengmian’s soul froze earlier. Jiang Fengmian sat down across the table and looked at Lan Qiren who’s on the other side of the table, plucking the strings of the guqin. Jiang Fengmian’s face went serious, and he felt his soul froze once again. “Why are you here?” Lan Qiren asked.