Dream

(A/N: last part of the fanfic of FengQi 😊😊😊)

“Second young master Lan!” Wei Wuxian’s voice echoing in the Cloud Recessed made Lan Qiren snap back to his senses.

His eyes narrowed and he marched back when he was just about to leave. “Wei Wuxi-!” he said and stopped when he saw Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian feeding the rabbits. Afar, Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng are chatting. His eyes bore on them two. One white and one purple… he thought, a memory flashed in his mind yet immediately disappeared.

“Uncle?” Lan Xichen called.

“Senior Lan.” Jiang Cheng said and respectfully bowed.

He stared at him and his eyes slightly went wide when he saw an image of a gentle-looking man overlapped Jiang Cheng’s figure. However, it vanished since Jiang Cheng doesn’t resemble him. He just nodded.

“Uncle.” Lan Wangji called as he and Wei Wuxian walked towards him and bowed.

Lan Qiren’s brow twitched as he immediately touched his beard, remembered Wei Wuxian’s mother – Cangse Sanren shaved off his beard and mustache. He didn’t went out for weeks after that until he got his beard and mustache again.

Past –

Lan Qiren’s eyelids twitched when he felt something wet went out of his closed eyes and streamed down his cheek. “What – “ he said and opened his eyes. He felt his cheek. It’s wet. He then felt his lips, as if something soft and warm is still there and the mixed taste of sweetness, saltiness and rustic he could taste.

“Didi.” Qingheng-jun said as he walked towards him. “You fell asleep.” He told him.

“Oh – “ Lan Qiren just said and sat straight up. However, he noticed something alarming. “My… beard and mustache…” he said.

“Ah – “ Qingheng-jun said, remembered something. “Two people went here and one is a pretty but carefree lady passed by and – “ he said.

Lan Qiren’s eyes narrowed. “Cangse Sanren!” he roared, mad.

Qingheng-jun smiled. “You look better.” He told him, referring to his appearance.

Lan Qiren blew out air, tired. “Oh. What about the other one?” he asked.

The smile on Qingheng-jun’s face disappeared. “I forgot.” He said.

Outside the Cloud Recesses.

“What’re you gonna do now?” Cangse Sanren asked, worried. She helped him walk until outside and settled him on the tree.

Jiang Fengmian didn’t answer, his eyes still wild like his feelings. He could still feel Lan Qiren’s lips and his warmth. He looked at his hands that touched the beautiful man in that serene pavilion. Yes. They did it. Qingheng-jun wanted to protest, but he didn’t want for Lan Qiren to know that his beautiful dream is real, only to be forgotten when he wakes up – just like every dream. “I… he won’t remember me anymore.” He said and bitterly smiled as his tears fell once again.

“Jiang Fengmian…” Cangse Sanren called and sighed. “As a wife, it hurts us when we knew our husband doesn’t love us.” She sais and smiled. He looked at her. “Changze and I will get married. We still haven’t planned the date, but…” she said and smiled, a true smile. “Why don’t you give your wife a chance?” she asked. “She loves you.”

“She does?”

Cangse Sanren nodded. “I can see in her eyes, the way she looks at you… is the same way you look at him.” She said, her smile sad. She’s referring to Lan Qiren.