Chapter 1: Shaman

Prince Wang Yo POV

It was late at night. All the ministers have gathered in the secret house, where they have planned an early party for me. They all were eager to serve me drinks and I accepted all one at a time. Minister Park Young Gyu offered to pour a drink in my cup. 

"Prince Wang Yo, or should I say, Crown Prince." He grinned and I laughed at the new title that's soon to be mine. 

Tonight, the Crown Prince will die. And I will take over his place.

//

As soon as the black crow caws, the dark clouds formed and overcast the palace. The strong wind blew away the flames from the torches and the palace grounds were instantly pitch black. A shaman was preparing for a ritual in the shaman room. She placed a small wooden box on the offering table and opened it. A strand of black hair laid in it. 

Shaman Wooyoung pinched the strand of hair and covered her eyes. She took a deep breath as she manoeuvred her arms across the hot charcoal bowl underneath. She let go of the hair and it fell in to the bowl. She started chanting.

Black smoke started to swirl in circles as she chanted. It rises up slowly and gradually increasing speed as Shaman Wooyoung intensifies her black magic. It protruded out of the roof and travelled in an incredible speed to a certain chamber.

With the flames gone and the moonlight covered by the dark clouds, nobody saw the black smoke as it entered the Crown Prince's chamber. It travelled across the cold wooden floor, and under the Crown Prince's bedding where a yellow curse charm could be found.  

The poor prince laid on top of his mattress with cold sweat and heavy breathing. The black magic does it's job and twirled itself around the body. His breathing quickened and he started to choke. He grabbed his neck where the smoke had already strangled around. The prince kicked his legs, begging for help, but all the servants outside the chamber were all clueless. He tried to scream, but only gasps of air which he should be saving, came out. 

At last, his body stopped struggling and the prince became motionless.

//

//

"CROWN PRINCE!" Screams from the eunuch rang across the entire chamber as he witnessed the motionless prince. The eyes were open, mouth agape and his body, twisted in an odd shape. It was a horrendous sight.

"HELP! SOMEBODY!" The poor eunuch screamed at the top of his lungs. Several servants came rushing in to the room, and they all were shocked as well. 

"Call the royal physician immediately!" The head servant demanded and the servant quickly ran out with trembling feet. 

News spread like wildfire and there was soon a commotion outside the Prince's chamber. The King, the Queen Dowager, the Queen, and all the other princes stood outside waiting impatiently for the results.

"My Prince...!" The Queen cried.

"Oh my poor crown prince...who did this to you?" The Queen Dowager's heart was broken as she weeped. 

I stood alongside my brothers and sisters as we waited for the physician's results. 

Has it really work? Is the Crown Prince dead?

Soon the doors opened and the physician rushed towards the King. He looked frightened and anxious when he came out, and immediately pleaded for the King. "Your Majesty! Please kill me!" 

"What is wrong with the Crown Prince?!" The King demanded an answer. 

"He..." The physician dared not to lift his head up.