Chapter 2: The 'Manager'

Wang Yo POV

"Argh..." My head hurts. What was that? 

I carefully helped myself up from my position, confused to why the ground was soft. I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the dim lighting of the room. A round glass table...carpeted floors...and...a black thing attached to the wall. 

Where do these things come from? Where am I?

A click sound resonated the room and I looked towards the sound. A man whom I don't recognise came walking in. He was frustrated and annoyed. His dressing...was peculiar. It looked similar to the people from the Western country. 

"Ya! That's why I told you to take it easy from all that drinking! Aigoo...You're only a rookie, can't those producers cut you some slack?" The man walked towards me and his hands held a bag filled with something. 

My head hurt again. Who is this man?

He placed the bag of things on the glass table as he said, "Here you go. For your hangover." He plopped himself down next to me on the soft...chair. What do I call this?

I stared at the man next to me with a blank face. He had his eyes closed and seemed to be very relaxed. Until he realised that there was complete silence between us. He gave me a side eye. "Ya, what's wrong? Are you not feeling well?" 

I saw his hand reaching towards my forehead and subconsciously, I slapped it away. 

"Don't touch me!

"Ya...do you have to be so mean? I even bought hangover drink for you! Is this how you treat your manager?" He was in complete disbelief. 

Manager? What rank is that?

I tried to recall what had happened. There was a light igniting from Princess Hara's body. Did that light bring me here?

"Oh come on! Here, let me help you. Ya...you need to drink all of these ok? There's a shoot scheduled for you tomorrow!" The 'manager' leaned forward to the table and dragged open the bag. He took out a long cylinder and pulled opened it. He offered the drink to me.

"No...I don't want to drink from that." I rejected.

"Come on...just a sip! It's...like medicine." He sure was positive. I took the drink cautiously from his hand and he gave me a relieved smile. I examined the cylinder. There was dark liquid inside.

How did they make this? It seems to be made out of tin...

"How long are you going to look at that? Ya...you're really drunk I think. You're acting very weird...as if you've never seen a can before." Manager spoke. 

"Can? This is a can?" I questioned with amuse. 

"Duh...it's a can where different flavoured drinks are stored in it. You can find them at the convenient stores, supermarkets...basically everywhere." He explained and gave me a weird look.

"Convenient stores? Supermarkets? What are those?" I couldn't quite follow. I have never heard any of such terms before. Which country am I at?

"Ya..." Manager looked at me in shock. "You better get some rest. I will pick you up tomorrow at 6am ok?" He stood up and walked towards the door. 

"Where are you going? 6am? What is that supposed to mean?" I questioned him further. This man is really very weird. Not a single thing he said I could comprehend. 

"Have a good rest!" He waved goodbye and left just like that. 

My attention directed back to that 'can' I was holding on to. I tried to poke my pinky finger inside and put my finger in my mouth. It tasted bitter, that's for sure.