It's A Good Day, After All

Alan came home pissed off because of the extras in his upcoming movie were screwing every take. He was pissed, but he didn't show it, although the directors sensed that Alan is on his last strand of patience that they decided to cut the shooting early for today.

He went home and plopped down the sofa, not noticing his wife walking towards him, carrying his robe and his favorite bottle of champagne.

"Rough day at work, darling?" asked his wife who then sat down beside him and handed him his robe.

"Rough is not even enough to describe how pissed i am at those extras. We keep retaking the scene because they can't say their lines right." Alan sighed, stripping of his polo, leaving his white shirt that was slightly damp out in the open.

His wife sighed, pouring both of them the champagne that was almost left unnoticed until he heard that delicate voice:

"Daddy, you're home!" Her little girl, Emma, ran towards him and tackled him in a bear hug.

"I missed you, sweetheart. Where have you been? I didn't see you at the doorway." he chuckled as he went to sit down and plop his daughter on his lap.

"Me and Nan went to the candy store and bought your favorite chocolates because Nan told me that chocolate makes you happy and i noticed that you were sad these past few days, so i got you chocolates and i made a letter and drawing for you. They're upstairs, on your desk in your study." Emma smiled as she finishes her long sentence, showing her two missing front teeth.

Alan then looked at his wife, as if telling her if she knew about all this and his wife just shrugged and smiled.

Alan look at his daughter, "I never thought you would've noticed that i was sad, poppet. What gave it away?"

"Your nose doesn't crinkle when you chuckle at me and your eyes doesn't close all the way either." she said, pouting her plump lips while looking at her dad.

Alan was gobsmacked. He never knew his daughter would notice. And he sat there corrected, staring into his daughter's eyes.

"You're just like your mum, poppet. And i like it." Alan chuckled, as he tickled Emma into fits of laughter.

"How about me? Do i get tickles too?" Y/N, his wife, pouted.

"Both of you will get tickles and i'm gonna be giving five seconds to get out of my sight."

".....five"

The girls and Alan giggled and shot up out of the sofa and ran together everywhere in the house.

Alan smiled genuinely, seeing his wife and his daughter smile because of him. He may have had a bad start for the day. But in the end, it's them who makes him happy.

And it was a good day, after all.

-----------------------------
I'm sorry if this is not accurate for you hessyerasmus002, i tried my best but me eyes were wanting to shut an hour ago hahaha.

I hoped you liked this, please vote and comment on what i should do next.

Also, follow me on:
Insta: mshazeljdc
Twitter" mshazeljdc