Five

I wake up curled up in my blankets right next to the screen of my laptop. I sit up and stretch, hearing my back pop, I feel better. I look down at my phone and see that it's plugged in. I grab it and look at my notifications.

2 texts from Lexi🤪
4 texts from Jamey🐱
2 mentions from browneyedboy

Lexi🤪: hey are you still awake? @ 2:45am
Lexi🤪: text me 💕@ 2:47 am

Jamey🐱: pause it at 45:54 I gotta pee @ 2:30am
Jamey🐱: Mia? @ 2:33 am
Jamey🐱: night pretty @ 2:35 am
Jamey🐱: morning I'm going to the gym so if I don't reply that's why.  @ 10:46am

'@browneyedboy: 🤔💕😍'
'@browneyedboy: spent all day and night talking to @heyitsmia. 😎'

'@heyitsmia: spent all day and night talking to @browneyedboy 🤓'

Mia to Lexi🤪: you alive?

Lexi🤪: surprisingly

Mia: what's up?

Lexi🤪: wanna go get Starbs and brunch?

Mia: when have you ever heard me say no to Starbs?

Lexi🤪: twice but you were deathly sick 🤢🤧🤒

Mia: I'll pick you up in twenty 💋

I slowly get up and get dress; a light pink t shirt and some black leggings and my Nike's.  I leave my hair down and head downstairs.

"Hi honey. Going to Starbucks with Lexi?" My mom asks as I grab the keys to my Jeep.

"Of course. Bye mom."

"Bye honey. Oh we're going Santa Monica today so we won't be home today until like nine or ten tonight. I left some money in the cookie jar like always."

"Okay mom, see you tonight," I walk back and hug her.

"Have fun but not too much," I joke and head out the door.

I hop in my Jeep and head off to Lexi's. I arrive about fifteen minutes later and honk the horn. She comes right out and laughs.

She jumps in and says, "that's no way to treat your date."

"Oh I'm sorry. Next time I knock on your door and introduce myself to your mom."

"That's a good date."

I just laugh and turn back up the radio and head to the Starbucks from yesterday. Once we get to Starbucks I park the Jeep by a tree on the other side of the parking lot from yesterday.

"So where did it happen?" Lexi randomly says and I look at her confused. "Your scandalous meeting."

"It wasn't scandalous. It was just a conversation but it was over there, where that je-," I stop talking when I realize it's the Jeep from yesterday. The only reason I definitely know it's the Jeep from yesterday is because there a sticker of the gym from yesterday.

"Is that their Jeep? Mia? Are you okay?"

"I didn't think I would ever see them again."

"Maybe they do this everyday and you didn't know? Do you wanna go in?"

"No no no."

"Do you need me to drive?"

I shake my head no at her, "I'm okay, I just need a second."

"Take all the time you need."

I take a deep breath when I see someone come out of Starbucks carrying two drinks and a bag, it looks like Kyle from yesterday. He walks over the the passenger side and get in. The Jeep pulls away and I can sorta see the driver. He has a pink baseball hat on and a white crewneck.