Twelve

I drive home and I see someone sitting on my steps and then I spot her car. Lexi. I pull into the driveway and grab my Starbucks and Target bag. I get out and she stands up.

"Mia. I um," she starts.

"Not out here. Come inside," I say and she helps me with the door and follows me up to my room.

We get to my room and I drop off my bags on my chair and set my Starbucks on my side table. I turn and look at her, "come in."

She slowly walks over to me, I hug her tightly and we both start crying and apologizing back and forth. We break apart and sit in the bed next to each other.

"I am so sorry, Mia. I should have told you when I figured everything out." 

"Lexi it's okay. I don't know why I took it so hard on you when all you were doing was helping the situation out."

"I'm still sorry."

"I saw them."

"What? Where? Did you talk?"

I shake my head. "I've been in this room all week and I decided today was enough I was going out so I went to get some things at Target and they were there getting shaving cream and they were talking about us."

"What did they say?" She bites her nail.

"Kyle told Noah about you calling him when you were wasted the other night and he stayed with you till you fell asleep."

"Yeah the night was bad," she frowns and looks at me, "Are you okay now?"

I nod and hug her tight. "I love you Lexi."

"I love you too Mia."

"Wanna hear something kinda funny?"

"Yeah."

"Noah stole my phone case I was planning on buying."

"He what?" She looks at me and laughs a little.

"Yeah, when I was spying on them, I left my cart in an aisle and when they walked to the front, I guess Noah saw the case, he asked Kyle if he sees anyone and he didn't cause hiding," I laugh a little, "and he took it cause 'Mia would like this'."

Lexi laughs and says, "I guess it's pay back for stealing his hat. Where is it?" She looks on the side table.

"I um got mad and tossed it on the floor after I found out and it's been there ever since."

Lexi looks behind her and gets up and picks it up, putting it between us. "Have you talked to them or anything?"

I shake my head. "I've tweeted lyrics and emo stuff and posted a pic today but neither of them have said anything to me and I haven't either. Kyle is on a 'socials vacation' and Noah posts tweets and pics like me."

She nods. "Do you think you can forgive them?"

"I think, I can its just hard with Noah. He hurt me so much and I lost my best friend. Well I guess Noah was my best friend but I didn't know. I still miss Jamey."

"Babe, Noah is Jamey."

"I know but I felt like I could be so open with Jamey about stuff, I like him more than a friend and I find out he's not even real. It hurts."

"He does exist. He's just Noah. The guy who you didn't have a crush on and only wanted to be his best friend. Honey, you got best friend and more."

"Yeah, it just hurts."

"He hurting too, don't forget that. He lost his best friend too and his maybe more too."

I frown and look up at Lexi. "He did have one of those three packs of tissues when I saw them."