Twenty-two

I wake up the next morning to Noah kissing my bare shoulder and then getting off the bed. I turn my head to see where he's going. He goes in the bathroom and I lean up to look for any of my clothes when I see the hoodie at the end of the bed. I reach down and grab it. I put it on as Noah comes out of the bathroom wearing his boxer briefs.

He smiles and says, "good morning, baby."

"Morning."

"Are you hungry?"

I nod my head and yawn.

"Waffles?"

I nod again and get on my knees and crawl over to him, he leans down a little and kisses me. He helps me off the bed and we head downstairs.

I sit on the counter and watch him make us waffles. "Do you have anything planned for us today?"

"No, but I think Kyle might stop by before his date. He didn't say when."

"Looks like I have to wear clothes today," I joke.

He laughs and leans over, kissing my lips.

There a knock on his front door and I look at him, "looks like I need clothes already." I hop down from the counter and walk over to the door, I open it and see Kyle, "kitchen." I say before walking upstairs making sure my sweatshirt stays down.

I reach Noah's room and find my bralette and underwear slipping them on, thinking about everything that happened and the things that were said. I grab some shorts from the floor, that Lexi had packed for me and head back downstairs.

I walk back over to the counter and hop back up on it and turn toward Kyle but still facing Noah.

"Hello Mia, it's nice to see you," Kyle says and laughs.

"Oh shush, I let you in."

He laughs more and I look at Noah. "Can we kick him out already?" I pout.

Kyle gasps and looks at me. "Rude."

"Ignore miss grumpy, she hasn't had her waffles yet. Don't you have a date to be getting ready for?"

"Yeah but I needed miss grumpy's help," he says and I look at him.

"Can I have waffles first?"

Kyle nods and Noah hands me my plate covered in syrup.

"Thank you." I kiss Noah and start eating.

"So where are you and Lexi going?" Noah asks Kyle.

"Just out for coffee, maybe some lunch."

"Babe, can you get me something to drink?" I say randomly.

"Oj or water?"

"I don't care."

He moves to the fridge and gets out the orange juice, pouring me a glass. He sits it in front of me and I smile.

"What are you guys doing today?" Kyle asks and I look at Noah.

"Probably just hang out here."

"I do need to talk to you, Noah." I say as I put my plate down and grab the glass of orange juice.

"Uh oh bro," Kyle says and laugh.

"Shut up," he says laughing and then looks at me.

"Thank you for making me food," I lean towards Noah and kisses his lips softly. "I have a meeting now." I turn toward Kyle.

Noah and Kyle just look at me confused.

"Hello Mr. McCarthy, how can I assist you?" I say trying not to laugh when they both go 'ohhhh' and Noah starts eating his waffles watching us.

"Should I bring Lexi flowers?"

"She does like flowers, tulips are her favorite."

"Good to know. Anything I should know like what doesn't she like?"

"She doesn't like over confident guys. She likes to laugh so make her laugh. She doesn't like when a guy orders for her, she likes making her own choices."

"Got it, thanks Mia."

"No problem now please leave I need to have a private conversation with Mr. Centineo."

He laughs as he gets down from the bar stool, "I'm going I'm going. Good luck bro."

Kyle leaves and I lock the door behind him, I walk back into the kitchen to find Noah cleaning up. "When you're done, I'll be in the living room." He nods and finishes cleaning up.

I walk into the living room stripping off the shorts. I leave them on the floor, I walk to the couch and turn on some music.

Noah walks in the living room a few minutes later. I smile at him and pat the spot next to me. He sits down and looks at me.

"Before you say anything Mia, I just wanna say I'm sorry."

I look at him like he's grown four heads. "Why are you sorry?"

"Well what else could this conversation be about? I must have done something wrong."

I move to straddle his lap, "You didn't do anything wrong Noah." I gently grab his face and kiss him softly and passionately. He moves his hands to my hips and kisses me back. I pull away and look at him and smirk. "I wanted to," I kiss his lips quickly, then kiss my way to his ear and bite softly on his earlobe, "Tell you that," I kiss his neck then move back to his earlobe and whisper, "I love you too."

I pull back and look at him and he's got the goofiest grin on his face. "Say it again."

"I love you Noah."

"You almost gave me a heart attack, Mia." 

I giggle. "You didn't think I heard did you?"

"Honestly I didn't cause you didn't say anything back or anything about it. But I'm happy you did."

I pat my eyes at him, being goofy. "So?"

"So?"

"Soooo?"

"Oh," he clears his throat and kisses my lips, then says, "I love you, Mia."

"I love you."

He kisses me and I return the kiss, he pulls me closer on his lap as we pull away from each other. He wraps his arms around me, hugging me.

We stay like that for a few minutes. He loosens his grip around me and I pull back a little and look at him and smirk.

"I think we need to go back to bed."

"Oh really?"

I nod and he wraps his arms back around me, and scoots up on the couch. He struggles a little to stand up, but he gets it. He carries me up to his bedroom and gently drops me on it.

"Hello bed." I giggle and lay down on 'my' side of the bed.

He quickly lays down next to me and smirks. "Now what?"

I grab the covers and cover us, "cuddles."

He pulls me closer and I snuggle against his chest.