(Chapter 5)

Angela froze and looked at her phone with fear running down her spine.

It rung again, that unknown number of a text splitting into a second one.

Swallowing hard, she reached over and picked up the phone to read the texts. She sighed in relief and smiled.

Unknown
Hey, Angel. It's me, Caleb.

Where'd you disappear to? Is everything alright? Are you sick? If you are I can help. I know a few home remedies.

Angela smirked and opened her phone right when he texted again.

Unknown
Please answer. I'm genuinely worried. ☹️

Angela
I'm fine, Caleb. No I'm not sick, no need to worry mother.

He answered back right away.

Unknown
Oh thank god. I was about to call the ambulance.

Angela giggled and smiled at his words before cupping her cheek and texting back with one hand.

Angela
You're silly.

Unknown
I know I am. 😉 But really, Why'd you leave school? Did something happen?

Angela froze and bit down on her bottom lip. She couldn't possibly tell him what happened. Besides, he probably wouldn't even believe her if Caleb met him.

Angela
I rather not talk about it right now, Caleb.

He didn't answer for awhile and Angela was about to place her phone down when it dinged again.

Unknown
No worries. I understand. Although, can you at least tell me that you're not hurt or anything?

Angela
I promise I'm fine. 🙂

Unknown
I'm glad, but that doesn't stop me from bringing cookies over, and us chilling with a movie after school to cheer you up.

Angela smiled, her heart pounding hard in her chest while her cheeks began to feel warm.

Angela
Aww, thank you.

Unknown
Anything for a friend. See you later Angel 😇.

Angela
Yeah, see yea.

With that, Angela placed her phone down on her nightstand at the same time her father came into her room; his face twisted with anger.

"D-dad? W-what's wrong?"

"They can't do anything Angel," he said, siding at the end of her bed with his head in his hands. Her eyes widened.

"Nothing? N-not even a-a restraining o-order?"

"Not without a current event and not a case that happen three years ago. If it was early, they could have done something, but even with it, he did nothing to harm you when he was at school. Right?" Her father said, grabbing s hold of her hand with worry in his eyes.

That was when Angela noticed the dark circles under his eyes and the worry lines creased at the corners of them.

Her lips parted and she nibbles on her bottom lip before tightening her hand around his.

"N-no. H-he just t-taunted and s-scared me."

He sighed and kissed her forehead before looking back at her with worry.

"What do you want to do pumpkin?"

Angela thought about it for a little and when she opened her mouth, she couldn't believe she was sticking to it.