(12)

Angela was wrong.

Her answers didn't come until around eleven o clock p.m where she was nestled in her warm, comfy bed with no worries in the world. Then her phone rang.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. 

She growled in frustration and rolled over in her bed, prying her tired eyes open to grab her phone. 

Squinting at the phone's blinding light, she frowned at the ID caller number before hitting the answer button, putting up to her ear. 

"Hello?" She grumbled in greeting, collapsing back into her bed, rubbing her eyes. 

"Hey, Angel,"  Caleb began with a pleasant greeting, making her huff out a breath with a pout, wishing she could glare at him. "I woke you up didn't I?" 

No, absolutely not

"Y-yeah, what are y-you d-doing up s-so late?" 

"You do realize we don't have school tomorrow, right?" 

Angela went silent and pulled her phone away from her face to look at what day it was and found it to be Friday. 

"Hellooo, Angel, you still there? Or did my hearing aids fall out?"  He joked, making Angela smile slightly and pull her phone back to her ear. 

"Yeah, I'm s-still here. W-why did you c-call...me?" She asked, yawning before rubbing her eyes again. 

" Well...I'm calling to ask you if you'd wanna hang out tomorrow and talk about all that's going on at school?" 

That woke her up. 

Angela sat up in her bed with wide eyes, suddenly remembering what happened today. She didn't understand either. How the hell did she forget? How the hell could she possibly forget him walking into her biology class in place of---

"Y-yeah, um, t-that's fine. Where do y-you wanna m-met?" She asks, her stuttering seeming to get worse with every word, trying to block out those images and emotions welling up inside her. 

"I was thinking maybe the park? I know it's probably not the best place to talk, but it's all I can think that would be semi-quiet and we'd be alone." 

She cringed at the last portion of his words. They'd be alone and probably not that many people besides a few too many energetic children and not-so-enthusiastic parents. She and Caleb have never been truly alone at school, and she didn't know how she would react.  

She knows it's just Caleb, but...she still hasn't gotten over the feeling of being helpless and crying out for help when---

"Angela?

Angela blinked a few times before clearing her throat and wiping away a few tears that escaped her eyes, trying to calm herself down. 

"Yeah?" 

"Are you okay?" 

No.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," She lied smoothly, her fingers twiddling with one of the ends of her blanket as more tears slowly slid down her cheeks. "I'll see y-you t-tomorrow.  The park that is a few miles away right?" 

"Yeah," He replied, his voice sounding wary, making her slightly nervous. "The one with the little pond." 

"G-Great, see y-you t-then." 

"See you. Sleep well, Angel." 

"You t-too, Motor," Angeal said with a small smile, a chuckle coming from the other end of the phone before they both said 'bye,' and she hung up.