(10)

Sorry I was away so long guys. I was dealing with writer's block on my other story I was writing and had to figure out what I was going to do, along with the fact that I went on vacation. Not only that but school started so...woo. 😒

But I'm back now! 😅( Obviously) and I figure out the situation I was in.

And thank you to all of you for reading this story and enjoying it.

Cheers!

—MVP
———

Her father was looking at her in horror as she finished telling him what happened at school. Angela stood there in the middle of his office, staring at him and waiting for him to say something as tears ran down her face.

Although, instead of saying anything at all, her father took one step and cautiously tried to wrap his arms around her. Angela stared at him, then his open arms, and slowly walked into them before leaning against her father's chest.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her head before holding her tighter against him.

"Oh pumpkin I...I'm so sorry," he said, kissing her forehead, just holding her as she sniffled with tears running down her cheeks.

After a while later, there was a knock on her father's office and Angela stiffened, her eyes going wide.

"Angela? Mr. Rizcoffe? Is everything okay?"

Caleb.

Her father pulled away to only look down at her with concern and a question in his eyes.

"Do you want me to tell him to leave or—"

Angela shook her head no, gripping onto his shirt with wide eyes.

Her father's brows furrowed for a second before a smile formed on his lips and he ruffled her hair.

"Are you going to tell him?"

Angela chewed on her bottom lip and looked back over to the door where Caleb resided before looking back to her father, nodding.

Benjamin sighed. "Alright, sweetheart." With that, her father kissed her forehead one more time before they walked over to the door and she opened it.

Caleb stood there, a smile on his face before he saw Angela. His smile dropped, brows furrowing in concern.

"Angel are you—stupid question—come here or—I mean," He hesitated, moving his arms away from her, watching her with wry eyes.

She smiled a little, grateful he was letting her decide, but she was okay. Really. She just needed to relax for now and think about it later.

So, Angela grabbed his arms and wrapped them around her before she leaned into his chest, embracing him. Caleb let out a sigh of relief before tightening his arms around her.

A soft chuckle sounded behind her, followed my footsteps as her father exited the room, leaving the door open by the sliver to give them a little bit of privacy.

"Hey, Angela?" She tensed up at her name and looked up from his chest with an uneasy smile, but all she saw in his eyes concern and a slight curve in his lips. "You don't have to tell me you know. I just," He sighed and looked down before meeting her eyes again, making her confused. "I just want to know if...did someone hurt you today in school?"

A wave of sadness wrapped around her, making her eyes water and look away from him, those arms around her feeling too tight. Her throat started closing, legs shaking slightly.

It's Caleb. He's not going to hurt you. He's not him. Breathe. Just Breathe.

"Y-yes," She whispered, making Caleb tense. His gaze dropped down to her head, but she didn't so much as meet his eyes. She didn't want to.

He didn't say anything for while, but then he sighed and rested his head against hers, her shoulders going tense.

"I see."

That's it?

Angela looked up at him in shock only to be met by a grim look, his hand rubbing her back gently before looking down.

"Are they the reason why you didn't want me to touch you?"

She opened her mouth to say something, but then she closed it and chewed on her bottom lip before slightly nodding,

Humming, he pulled her into a tight hug and just held her there. She didn't mind, especially as she calmed down enough to hug him back.

They stayed like that for a while before he pulled her away and looked her straight in the eye, his brown eyes dark with concern and anger. Her eyebrows furrowed, but before she could question him he said,  
"You don't have to tell me until your ready then. Who's doing this to you that is. Although, if it happens again, you need to tell me and then we can get this settled out with the school, okay?"

Angela hesitated before nodding, still a little confused in how someone like him would come to cared about her so much so fast. She was just a girl with a stutter and she hadn't really done anything to earn his trust and yet...he wanted to help her.

A small smile formed on his lips before he hugged her one more time, saying that he had to get home before his mom and dad worried too much.

And like that he was gone and out the front door. A man that she'll get to talk to. The man that could possibly help her and the man who's eyes never softened after what she told him.

————

Sorry if this didn't turn out like you expected. I'll try to get the next one out over the weekend though just to apologize for not updating after a while. 😂