¤ Sniper // Thoughts?

Prompt: The support classes thinking about "having a baby" - Sniper edition.

(OG Published: 2/26/19)

Requested by: Aesthetical_cream

Edited: (1/15/23)

Holding the pregnancy test in my hands, the double lines fill me with both anxiety and joy.

I'm pregnant. And it's Mundy's.

Squealing, I rush out of the bathroom pocketing the test. Opening the door to the base, I immediately ran to Mick's camper.

"Munds! Baby, open up!" I can't help but to giggle and hop in place, my excitement uncontainable.

"Open up fo' wha', Darl?" My love says from the roof of his camper, his Bushwacka in hand as he looks over the side carefully.

"I'm pregnant, Babe! Isn't that amazing!?" I shout up proudly to him and giggle, reaching my arm up to show him the pregnancy test.

"Oi thought ya didn't want li'l dingos runnin' 'round." He carefully takes the test and tilts his head.

"There's only one line, Luv." He calmly says, climbing down from the top of the camper. He points to the single red line in the middle of the indicator.

"Wh-" I blink in disbelief and furrow my eyebrows. "I swear there were two lines.." My upbeat mood immediately shuts down, a frown settling on my face.

Jolting awake, I hold my belly lightly and look over to see my fiance softly snoring against his pillow, his lanky arm around my waist. I take calm, slow breaths and yawn. 

Just a dream.

I carefully lay back down and feel Mundy pull me closer, sleep crawling its way back to my mind.

I sit at the bar eating my now lukewarm pancakes Dell made this morning. The  bad dream replaying in my head as I feel at my belly again.

I have to tell him. I nod before scarfing down the rest of the pancakes. I set my dishes into the sink to be washed later.

"Oi, Roo! Oi gotta talk to ya!" My tall lover yells from the rec room, his thick accent catching my attention with ease. I rinse my hands free of soap suds and grab a hand towel. Walking to the kitchen doorframe, I dry my hands.

Both Mundy and I bump chests and laugh, hugging each other tight to prevent the other from falling.

"Oi've been thinkin' long an' hard about this." He starts as I tilt my head up at him. I take his aviators, setting them on the top of my head.

"We should have a lil' dingo or two runnin' 'round." He looks down at me seriously and I can't help my smile. His ocean-blue eyes stay glued to mine as my smile grows.

"I was thinking the same thing and uh.." I trail off, one hand snaking down to my back pocket, pregnancy test now in my hand. "I have something to show you."

"Alroight." He waits patiently for what I have.

Pulling the pregnancy test out for him to see, I watch his calm expression get replaced with excitement.

No words had to be said.

Mundy soon lowly laughed, then picked me up and twirled us around causing both of us to loudly bask in our happiness.

"Oi luv you." He slowly stops spinning and carefully sets me down.

"I love you too, Munds." I smile and kiss his stubble-covered

 cheek, happy that everything turned out nicely.