× Solly // Daycare?

Prompt: The reader is convincing Solly to put your child in a daycare center.

(OG Published: 4/18/19)

Requested by: none

Edited: 1/15/23

"You know, Honey, we'll have to put him in a daycare." I softly say while going to the fridge to retrieve one of Scout's Bonk! cans.

"Daycare? Isn't Medic or... Or Heavy good people to leave him with?" Solly takes off his helmet and lays it on the counter. My eye twitches as he scratches at the stubble on his head.

"Yes, and no. Heavy barely speaks and bores him. He's more of a play chess and checkers kind of person. Medic, well, he experiments with bodies all the time and I don't think he needs to see that." I tap my foot on the ground, crack open the energy drink, and take a long swig of it.

"I mean, I'm literally drinking Scout's energy junk." My foot taps faster, a product of the amount of sugar in the drink. "We need a break. A serious break. I- You haven't even shaved correctly in a week!"

"Yeah.." Solly nods and scratches at the patchy stubble on his chin. He puts his helmet on his waist to put away later.

"There's a daycare in town that's not too far, I'll take him if the sugar in this doesn't put me in shock again." I jump in place for a split second then point a finger after drinking the last of the Bonk and crush the can. I hand it to my husband before running off to our son's room.

We both sigh in relief at the free time we have.

"I'm gonna take a nap." I tiredly look at Solly and jump into bed as he nods.

"I'm going to fix this mess on my face and then I'm going to nap with you." He smiles and kisses my forehead as I almost immediately fall asleep.

After daycare, Scout quietly woke me up to tell me he'd go get our son to which we happily thanked him and then went back to sleep.

When Scout came back with our son, the little brat started to throw a fit. That is until Scout gave him some apple juice, then sent him to our room where he almost instantly laid down. We all went back to sleep for the night, dreaming of sweet things.

It was short but I hope you liked it!