× Engie // "Mm, Pancakes."

Prompt: Engie is making his kiddo some pancakes, with her help of course.

(OG Published:  4/19/19)

Requested by: none

Edited: 1/15/23

"Eggs?"  "Check!"

"Flour?" "Check!"

"Milk?" "Check, Papa!"

"Sugar?" "Check!" Our daughter stands on her toes on the counter, giving her dad a peck on the cheek. I watch from the kitchen doorway, secretly recording the sweet moment between them.

"Alright, Sugar Pie, come with me to tell everyone you're making pancakes," I say quickly, Dell pouring the dry ingredients into a bowl for Charlotte to stir together once she returns.

"Okay, Mama! I'll be right back, Daddy!" She patiently lets Dell pick her up off the counter and set her down, and rushes over and past me. She giggles wildly as she goes. I look at my baby daddy and shake my head, not helping the smile on my face.

"Everyone! Ah'm makin' pancakes!" My little girl yells across the otherwise quiet base. A few noises of appreciation, and laughter, echoed through the halls.

"Alright, I think you're okay to start cooking now, don't you think?" I pick her up by the waist, hoisting her onto my hip to tickle her sides. Her sweet giggles fill the quiet halls again.

"Yes, Mama, I do! Ah do! Let me down n- haha! Now!" She giggles and squeals until I set her down again in front of the kitchen door. Her small frame rushes back to the counter, a stool to use with helping to make pancakes.

"Aaaaaand, all done!" Our daughter triumphantly stacks her last pancake. She reaches for the small container of strawberries to put on top of them. She arranges the strawberries to make a smiley face on each plate. She does them all, aside from Jeremy and Mundy who get chocolate chips.

She layers sliced bananas (which Dell cut pre-cooking.) into the smile on the faces. And then, she puts her favorite syrup on her own stack of pancakes. Her dad picked her and her plate up to set them at the table.

"Y'all know which plates are which, go ahead and g'it 'em." Dell sits down with Charlotte and helps cut her pancakes, the 6-year-old appreciating his gesture greatly.

"Mmmm, pancakes!" She smiles and says through a mouth full of pancakes.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Sweetpea," I smirk lightly, Dell using a napkin to wipe her face clean of syrup.

Hope y'all liked it!