× Demo // Ka-Bewm!

Prompt: The reader has a surprise for Demo after a battle.

(OG Published: 4/18/19)

Requested by: none

Edited: 1/15/23

"Pa, ye need yer gear before ye go!" I yell across the base, arms full of Dad's equipment. His holsters and his guns are on top of the pile.

"Whot in t'e bloody hell are ye doin' lass? The door's about t' open." He sets his Scrumpy bottle down and I set his stuff on a crate.

"Bringin' yer stuff to ye. Can't have ye dyin' over forgettin' it." I work like a speeding bullet to put all of it on Pa's already tipsy frame and he picks up his sticky launcher.

"T'anks, Dearie." He gives a smile and then takes a few gulps of alcohol, burping loudly making me laugh.

"Go an' win fer me, dad. I got a su'prise when ye do." I smile and he nods just as the doors open then he runs out yelling a slurred "let's do it!" to the others.

The men scramble inside joyously, another match won. Pa's behind them as he tips his bottle of Scrumpy upside down, disappointed that it's empty.

"Nice job, guys! Pa, come see yer surprise." I give Scout a high five before vaulting over the rec room couch and jogging over to Dad, pulling his arm to drag him.

"Lass, where are w' goin'?" He stumbles and keeps up for the most part, setting his empty Scrumpy bottle on a table he passes before he could break it.

"Jus' c'mon, Dad." I excitedly pull him into his room. Mum happily smiles at Dad as I run over to her to hug her tightly.

"Yer here?" Dad smiles at Mum and she nods, arms outstretched for a hug.

"Wouldn' stay away fer long, ye know." She laughs as Dad hugs her from on the floor and sets his head in her lap.

"Aye missed ye, Dear." He sighs happily as she plays with his hair, his beanie discarded on the bed next to her.

"Ka-bewm." I smile, the mission of keeping Mum's secret visit a secret, is now accomplished. I sigh happily, my parents just enjoying each other's company.