Five Miles

After the drunk conversation with them, the two started to argue non stop because of jealousy.

Jennie hates when Lisa was hanging out with her girl classmates. She was so possessive of her.

And Lisa, she didn't tell her about how she felt so jealous over Jisoo and just getting mad at her when she's with Jisoo and not telling her about it.

It was getting toxic as time passed by. 

"Have you booked your flight?" Jennie asked on the other line. Lisa didn't hear what she said because she was busy reading her lectures. "I said, have you booked your flight?" Jennie asked again.

"What flight?" Lisa asked. "Oh, fuck. I forgot" Lisa answered.

A loud sighed was heard on Jennie's. "We planned since last month right? That you're visiting Korea for Christmas?" Jennie asked. "Lisa I already cancelled all my schedule for you, don't tell me you're not coming?" Jennie asked.

"I'm sorry, I've been busy with all these school works. Can we reschedule?" Lisa asked softly.

"You promised me, Lisa," Jennie said. "Can you at least make some effort for me? You don't have time with me anymore" Lisa didn't respond to her. "I'm not even sure if I wanted to be with you anymore" Jennie heard scoffed on the other line.

"Making effort?" Lisa asked. "I fucking flew from Thailand to Korea just for you,  then you're asking me to make an effort to our relationship? Am I the one who's not making effort?" Lisa snapped. "Jennie, can't you understand that I have my own life too?  I'm so freaking tired all day then you're gonna nag me about making effort" Lisa loudly sighed.

Jennie felt attacked with what she said. Her heart breaks hearing how angry Lisa was. They always argue all the time but Lisa never been this angry before.

"Then let's break up" Jennie whispered, regretting it the moment she said it wishing Lisa didn't hear it.

"Oh God, Jen" Lisa sighed and paused. "Fine, do whatever you want" Lisa blankly said and hang up on her.

Jennie felt her tears on her cheeks when she didn't hear anything on the other line. She didn't mean to say that, she's just pissed with Lisa but she never wanted to break up with her.

She spent a week contemplating about the night of their break up, and she realized that Lisa was right, she was the only person that's making effort to make their relationship work.

Lisa was being patience when Jennie was getting mad over simple jealousy, and she was always the first one to apologize when they fight, because of Jennie's pride.

Weeks before she finally decided to call Lisa again. She was waiting for Lisa to call her first but, she didn't call her. When she dialled her number, she didn't pick the call up. Jennie went to her sns and saw that she was already blocked by Lisa.

Christmas came, and Jennie was still trying to call Lisa, but she's still not answering.

"One more please" Jennie asked the bartender to give her one bottle of beer. Someone sits beside her and grabbed her drink. "Hey" Jennie complained.

"That's enough"

"Just give it to me, Jisoo" Jennie begged. "Let me enjoy the night," She said.

Jisoo rolled her eyes at her before giving her an envelope. "I can't stand seeing you like that," She said.

Jennie opened the envelope and saw a plane ticket to Thailand. She raised her eyebrow at Jisoo. "It's time for you to make an effort to win her back" Jisoo tapped her shoulder. "Make things up with her, you messed up," Jisoo said before leaving her alone.

Jennie was fanning herself due to hot weather in Thailand. She just arrived at the airport, and take a cab to her hotel. She planned to see Lisa early in the morning.

She was laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling of her room. "Does she hate me?" Jennie asked. It's been a  while since their last talk, and Lisa also blocked her. "Maybe she does"

Her heart was beating loudly when she was only a few miles away from her apartment, Lisa told her address when they're still together.

Few meters away from her, Jennie took a deep breath before knocking on her door. But no response.

She tried again.

And again.

Still no response.

"Maybe she's not here" Jennie whispered before turning away from the door when she heard it open. She smiled when she looked back, but her smile fades when saw a girl with an oversized shirt and pink hair on the door.

"Can I help you?" She asked with her Australian accent.

"Is Lisa Manoban, still living here?" She asked. The girl smiled at her and nodded.

"Should I call her for you?" She asked and looked behind her. "Babe,  someone's looking for you" She shouted.

'Babe?' She asked herself. Jennie noticed the shirt she was wearing, it was her gift for Lisa on her birthday. She knows it because she buys it personally before sending it to her. She feels that her heart was breaking into two.

"I think that she's sleeping," The girl said. "Should I drop your message?" She nicely asked.

Her throat feels dries and felt like crying.

"P-please give this to her," Jennie said and pulled the necklace on her neck. The necklace that Lisa gave with an engraved name of her.

The girl looked at the necklace before looking back at her. She was about to talk when Jennie left as fast as she can.

She was walking inside the airport, before looking back expecting to see Lisa running for her but no one was there for her.

"Goodbye Lisa" Jennie whispered and wipes the tear that's falling on her cheeks, she was five hundred miles away from Lisa. "I love you" And wished it still reaches her.

She boards her plane and will be flying 500 miles away from Lisa.

[END]