Can I call you Mom?

I accidentally wrote this entire oneshot in Welsh before I realised that pretty much no one would understand it.
Also yes I am aware that Mothers Day is on a Sunday but for plot convenience, it's on a weekday.

"Peter? Come on, time to get up, you'll be late." Peter groaned at May's gentle voice calling him from the kitchen.

He rolled over in his bed, debating whether an education was actually necessary or not when he felt it. A heaviness hung in his chest although Peter was confused as to why.

There was a sigh from the doorway and Peter twisted around awkwardly to see May leaning against the doorframe. "Hey love, do you just want to stay home today? I'm working but I'm sure Tony won't mind you going over a bit earlier?"

Peter's head was foggy from sleep and he was struggling to remember why today felt like such a bad day when the realisation hit him. His breath caught in his throat and Peter swallowed thickly.

It was Mother's Day. And God did it hurt.

The arachnid tucked his knees under his chin, "can I just stay here? Tony's probably busy with  Morgan and Pepper. I don't want to be a burden or anything you know?"

He felt the mattress dip beneath him as May sat down and pulled Peter into a side-hug. "You are not a burden Peter. I've told you that so many times. You need to get it through that ridiculously smart heard of yours. Besides, Tony-"

"Tony doesn't even care about me!" Peter blurted out, pulling away from May. "All he cares about is Spider-Man not me. Not puny Penis Parker who doesn't have parents or an uncle and can't even go to school on Mother's Day because he's just that pathetic and-" Peter let out a sob, curling in on himself.

May pulled the boy closer, wrapping her arms around his lanky frame. She threaded her fingers though his hair, playing with the too-long curls. After a few minutes, Peter had almost completely calmed down and had his head resting in May's shoulder.

"I'm sorry." (I'm not)

"You don't have anything to be sorry for bambino," May kissed the top of his head. "You know, Tony actually texted me to ask if you wanted to stay at the Tower tonight. Maybe have a move night with Pepper and Morgan?"

"Does Pepper want me there?" Peter sniffed, wiping his cheeks on his sleeve.

"Of course she does Pete!" May answered, kissing the top of his head, "I'm pretty sure he thinks of you as her kid and I know Morgan loves his big brother."

"Really?" Peter asked, lifting his head slightly. "But- but don't you mind?"

May laughed, "of course I don't mind! I'm your  hip, cool aunt. Not your mom. I never wanted to take her away from you or for you to think I was trying to replace her."

"Like Uncle Ben wasn't trying to replace Dad?" Peter asked quietly.

"Exactly." May replied, "although I think Tony's a pretty good dad. And not just for Morgan."

"Do you really think that they think of me like that?"

May hated the hesitation in Peter's voice. "I know so. Now, do you want me to ask Tony to send Happy over, or would you rather swing?"

"Happy," Peter mumbled, "I'll only end up going on patrol otherwise."

"Okay," May said as she stood up, "get dressed and pack your bag." She made her way out of the room, pausing at the doorway. "You know I love you right Pete?"

Peter gave a small smile, "yeah, I love you too."

May smiled and shut the door, leaving Peter to get dressed. He stood and opened his closet, pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans and an old MIT sweater he'd stolen from Tony.