5 Times Peter Surprised Flash

Summary: and the one time Flash surprised Peter.
Part 3: With his night time activities

"Come on, May. I swear I'll only be out until two at the very latest!"

"Absolutely not, Peter. You have a guest staying over! I understand that you have responsibilities but I'm sure Queens will be fine for one night."

There was an exasperated sigh and a murmur of agreement before footsteps made their way back towards Peter's bedroom. Flash hurried to move away from where he had definitely not been eavesdropping through the door and sat on the bottom bunk, hurrying to pull up a random game on his phone.

He looked up as the smaller boy opened the bedroom door and entered the room. "Hey," Peter smiled, "can you give me a hand to get theses boxes off the top bunk?"

"Sure," Flash answered and the pair got to work, Peter handing down various boxes and Flash placing them in a pile next to Peter's desk.

"Why do you even have all this stuff on here?" Flash asked as Peter handed him another box full of old clothes and knick-knacks.

Peter shrugged, "there's not really anywhere else to store them. Putting them up here is cheaper than buying another cupboard that wouldn't really fit anywhere anyway."

Flash made a quiet noise of acknowledgement, lost in his thoughts. Obviously he'd known that Peter didn't have a lot of money before he'd even been to Peter's home. The clear difference in money showed in Peter's old sneakers that he'd worn to school since freshman year. It showed in Peter's too big PE kit that had only been replaced a few weeks ago and his shattered iPhone that couldn't even access snapchat.

There was a sudden snap of fingers in front of Flash's face and he flinched slightly at the noise. He turned to see Peter giving him an apologetic look.

"Sorry, you weren't answering," he mumbled. He clambered awkwardly down the bunk bed ladder and hauled another large box off the bed.

Flash shook his head at Peter, the large box appeared huge in comparison to Peter's lean frame. "Here, let me get that before you drop it." He reached forward to take the box, frowning when Peter pulled away.

"It's okay, I'm stronger than I look." Peter deposited the box next to his desk and turned to face Flash with a slightly awkward smile on his face.

With a raised eyebrow, Flash moved over to the box, "no way, bro, that box looks at least like fifty kilograms."

Peter let out a quiet laugh, "exaggerating much? It's not that heavy." He gestured to the seemingly innocent box, "lift it up."

Flash sauntered over to the box and gripped the handles, "if I can lift this, you owe me a dollar."

"Deal," Peter nodded seriously.

Flash pulled on the box, his forehead creasing as the box barely moved. "Okay, that was just a tester, I get 3 more attempts." He tugged on the box again and once more, it refused to shift even the slightest bit.

Letting out a quiet laugh, Peter moved forward to help, "need a hand?"

"No, no," Flash quickly assured him, "just you know, warming up, I don't want to injure myself." There was a pause as he heaved on the box again. "Okay. This is rigged. I'm withdrawing my dollar from the bet."

Peter laughed much louder at that. "It's not rigged, Flash. Trust me. I just... do a lot of heavy lifting." He leant forward and picked the box up, holding it for a moment before dropping it back to the floor.

"Rigged."

"You owe me a dollar."

"Absolutely not."