𖣔Chapter 1: Newcomer 𖣔

(A/n) = authors note

-(y/n)'s p.o.v-

I yawn and stretch as a dim light fills my cave. I notice my light fury, (d/n), curled up in a ball, like a snowball, her pearlescent scales shining in the moonlight. I blink wearily, then slowly get up off my mossy bed, and shake on my armour, made from her shedded scales. I just finish with the claw like gloves and the helmet, designed to look exactly like her, when I hear a roar of fear and spin round. (d/n), surrounded by a black creature, a boy, with similar armour to me, holding a flaming sword to her ear. I feel fury, coarse through my veins as he stares at me, his black scales shining in the flames. I notice something odd then. The dragon, snaking around (d/n), was almost the same but black. A night fury! She growls menacingly and I step towards them. I reach out my clawed hand, and scratch below his chin. He lolls to the floor like a rag doll, his pink tongue flipping out like a dog. His eyes close and I flick my head to the boy with the inferno sword. I stare right into his forest green eyes and he scowls. He flicks his head away suddenly. He drops the sword, lightly burning (d/n)'s side. She growls but pounces to my side and I climb onto her pearlescent back, bare backed, and she lets out a roar that curdled even the bravest vikings blood. The boy winces and looks up to me. Then, surprisingly, he lifts his helmet off, to reveal a lightly stubbled, auburn haired teenager. He looked about 20, my age and he stared right at me. Then he opened his mouth and said:

"Who are you?" I didn't reply. "Please, I mean no harm!" His voice was laced with panic now and I winced at this sudden act of fear. Sudden a weight dropped to the pit of my stomach when I realised what I looked like. I lifted my helmet off, revealing electric blue eyes and lilac, wavy hair. His eyes widened and he stared.

-Hiccups p.o.v-

I stared, my eyes wide, at her face. She had sea blue eyes, lilac hair as fresh as spring and her lips were light pink and pressed shut. She looked magnificent, sitting astride a moonlit dragon, her armour matching perfectly. I couldn't help it but I felt my grip loosen on my inferno. Then I look at Toothless, knocked out, tongue lolling onto the floor. I rush to him and press lightly behind his scaled ear. He slowly lifts his tongue into his mouth and opens his eyes. A bright purple mist was forming in his mouth as he stands up,  shaking his flank, and he fires a plasma blast at the girl, and she only just ducks behind her dragon, as the latter raises a wing to protect herself.

"Not appreciated!" She says.  I laugh and stroke toothless, as he calms down. She mutters a curse under her breath and replaces the various objects that fell after the force of the plasma blast.

"What's your name?" I ask politely. She blushes as she stands up.
"(Y/n)" she replies as I smile.

"Nice name." I say. She groans in reply.

"Yours?"

"Hiccup," She lets out a giggle and I scowl.

"I'm gonna guess you need a place to sleep for the night?" She questions

"That would be nice."
She grins nervously and lays down a double sided axe, decorated with shining dragon scales.

"C'mon toothless! She's not that bad!" I say sternly to toothless, who was refusing to lay next to (y/n)'s dragon.
"What's your dragon called?" I ask her.

"(D/n)" she says over her shoulder. "I'm gonna go and get changed into my sleepwear, then I'll be right back." She says, grabbing some clothes from the floor, and walking out of the cave. I look over at toothless, who was skittishly sitting down next to a scowling (d/n). I thought of (y/n), her blue eyes, and lilac hair. A low growl from toothless tore me from my thoughts, and I look over to see him, (d/n) sniffing him, making sure he didn't have any traps or something, then she growls and pokes her head into my travel satchel. She withdraws her head and has my bottle of monstrous nightmare gel clasped in her jaw. She paws at the cork till it pops off and dribbles it over my saddle. I yell "No!" But it's too late. She sets it aflame and the last I see of my saddle is engulfed in bright gold flames. I groan and slap my head with my hand, and as I do, (y/n) walks in, dressed in a simple black tunic and brown pants.

"Oh, ah, yes." She mutters. She pulls out a saddle from under her bed, and (d/n) growls disapprovingly.

"Don't mind her. She doesn't like many Viking made things. Other than..." She trails off as she pulls out a fluffy ball of feathers with a string attached to a stick on it. (d/n)'s pupils go from menacing slits, to wide ovals as she lays on her back and her back leg goes back and forth as she plays with the now detached ball of feathers. I laugh a little as she leaps around like a happy puppy. She gestures to a bed she had made whilst I was looking at (d/n), and I yawn, and lie down, falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

———————————
Comment what I should write about next

Ender xxx