⁂Chapter 14: Lovers tale⁂

-y/n's pov-
"Hiccup..?" I ask tentatively
"Hmm?" He says in response, preoccupied with cleaning away the remains of the campfire.
"Why..." I take a deep breath. " Why was Astrid so mad at you cause of a migraine?" He laughed his cute laugh, shaking his head, smiling.
"It wasn't a migraine. I hated the great hall cause everyone looked so happy when I wasn't, I just said it was that to have an excuse to get out. I missed you, and couldn't bear to think you'd died. Even in a few months you changed my life."
I smiled a gracious smile and hugged him, his muscular arms wrapping around me. "I missed you too. I couldn't bear to stay away I just didn't know how to find you. I'm sorry for it all." He stroked my waves slowly, caressing the moment.
"Don't worry. I know you didn't do it on purpose, I just felt like I should've got you both." I smiled again, but this one was riddled with the guilt and pain I felt once again.
"Do you ever feel like it was fate? That we met I mean?"
He didn't respond straight away, instead he looked up, at the stars twinkling happily and the clouds drifting lazily above, breathing deeply, letting the wind ruffle his messy auburn hair.
"Yeah, I guess. I'm happy it happened, cause you've changed everything. And I'm fine with it." He murmured, looking down into my dandelion eyes.
"What about Astrid? Aren't you sad about that?"
"Yeah, I am- I don't want to hurt her but I... I think I..." He stopped and his arms dropped. I missed the warmth and shivered as the cold air hit my bare arms. He looked down and noticed me shivering, before wrapping me in his fur coat and giving me a quick hug. "Stay here, there's a big fire on the other side of the island and I don't want you there. Understood?" I nodded slowly, scared suddenly as his voice rang with the caring authority of a chief. He quickly kissed the top of my head and sprinted off. I felt the hard splinters of ancient wooden planks under my knees and hands but I ignored it. I touched my forehead where his lips made contact.

What

Just

Happened.

"You think it's funny huh?" An axe was at my throat.

-Astrid's pov-
I crouched low behind the brick wall the circles the perimeter of the campfire area, the mossy bricks pricking my spine, axe ready in my hand. I heard everything. The lovey dovey crap and the kiss. Fury and jealousy coarsed through my veins like a waterfall as Hiccup sprinted past me, a slight grin on his face as he sped towards the far away catastrophe. I couldn't help it, I ran up there, and axe pointed menacingly at her knelt over figure yelled at her
"You think it's funny huh?" She just looked blankly up at me, hair falling perfectly around her shoulders, bluebell eyes wide with fear at the raised axe, pale skin gently glowing in the moonlight. No wonder Hiccup likes her...
"Wha..." she spoke quietly and  I realised what I had just done.
"Oh.. uh I- um... s-sorry I-i just... umm," I stuttered at her perfect figure.
"Is Astrid Hofferson, the Astrid Hofferson, stuttering?"
I blushed bright red and looked away from her, lowering the axe slowly.
"No. She's not." I said firmly.
"Think what's funny?" Even her voice was gentle.
"Nothing... just," I paused. "Jealous, I guess." Y/n laughed. A gentle twinkle of a laugh.
"Jealous? Of what?"
"You and Hiccup."
"What about us? We're just friends?"
"O-oh. Do you know we broke up?"
"Yeah he told me, he was really upset about it."
"I was too but it was... better. For us."
"Oh. Umm. Do you know what the fire was? Hiccup.. he told me to stay here so I don't know what's going on."
"Probably the twins doing what the twins do best. Annoying the chief." We both set into a giggle of laughter.
"Are you ok?"
I gulped and let my wheat coloured hair fall around my sky blue eyes.
"I-I don't know. I guess I was so fixated on ignoring the feelings I never really acknowledged them." I felt small arms wrap around me and I stretched my pink lips into a small smile. "Thanks. I needed that."
"Anytime Astrid. My non-existent hut is always open!"
"Oh,"
"It's ok. I'm staying in Hiccups hut until we can build one." She smiled sadly. "He told me you were keeping someone else in yours and I didn't want to bother you with another person to care for."
"It's ok it's just that that's what me and Hiccup used to do." The arms seemed to become stronger all of a sudden.
"I'm sorry Astrid. For everything." I shook my head.
"Don't be. It's no ones fault we have feelings." She nodded into my shoulder. "I should get going. I have newbies to train in the morning and it starts early tomorrow,"
"Oh, ok. See you tomorrow then. Bye!"
"Yeah, bye."

-y/n's pov-
I didn't realise Astrid had all that built up inside her. She always seemed so tough and strong, it was hard to believe she had a weak and fragile side, that she was a teenage girl, like me.

A few hours had past when Hiccup finally came back to the camp fire, the embers slowly dying down in the grate, the cold air reaching my already goosebump ridden skin under the thick fur coat.

"Hey," He said, his voice gruff with tiredness, making me blush a little.
"Hi," I muttered quietly, as the wind took another powerful swipe at me.
"Why are you still here? Why didn't you get a blanket at least? You must be freezing." I couldn't help but smile a little at his worry of my health.
"I-I'm fine. You told me to wait and I didn't want to be gone when you got here." He hugged me, allowing me to rest my tired head in the nook between his shoulder and neck, his fluffy hair tickling my cheek. Before I could stop myself, I wrapped my free arm around his cold neck and pulled his face towards mine. I pressed my plump lips against his pink tinged ones and kissed. It was a short but passionate one, my hands roaming his spiky hair.
"I-I'm sorry, I know you just broke up with Astrid and-" but he pulled me back, kissing me once more. I smiled, resting my head once again, a smile spreading across my face.

————————————————
Hiya! Last update for today!

See you tomorrow x

Ender xxx