⁂Chapter 18 : how far i'll go⁂

-Hiccups pov-

I landed, panicked, with a loud

Thunk

And as I did I noticed a majestic snowy white blur ricochet from wall to floor, a wide snarl creasing her perfectly scaled face.

"Hey girl, (d/n) it's us. Where's (y/n) girl?" At the name of her best friend, her soul companion, her family, her baby blue eyes were suddenly enlarged with fear, her proud head snapping back from us to the cave she had emerged from.  After being so hostile and protective, to being worrying and caring, her strange change of demeanour struck a sensitive part of me, and with a creeping sense of dread, my numb legs carried me swiftly to the cave I had first seen her.

A small figure was huddled shaking in the curve of the old cave, head dipped into her legs, hair flowing magnificently around her perfect figure.

Sitting clumsily down, I nudge her head into my shoulder, hoping she's just crying. That's when a loud clunk sounds from her waist.

A small leather tankard rolls like and egg on the stone floor, not a single drop of alcohol left.

"Oh (y/n) what have you done?" I sigh loudly, a tear trekking painfully down my wet face, hair sticking to my sweaty forehead.

Clutching her cold body closely, I felt emptiness creep quickly through my already shaking body, rocking slowly back and forth.

"No, (y/n). Please. I never got to tell you..."

A sigh.

One

One more sigh

Two

A tear this time.

Three

"I love you."

Suddenly, there was all weight was lifted on my shoulder. I looked to see her curly lilac hair spinning around beside me.

I grinned like a clown and laughing ecstatically, grabbed her frail waist, all feelings gone, except one. Happiness.

She wasn't gone.

She was alive.

"What happened?" Trembling from head to toe, her soft voice rang out words of confusion and her almost pitiful tone made me stare hopelessly at her.

"Y-you were drunk, I thought you were gone. F-forever," I whispered into her ear, voice cracking with emotion.

"Hiccup?"

"It's me," I smile even wider than the Cheshire Cat.

"Id never leave you, not for the world." I hug her like a snake.

***

Landing quietly on Berk after briefing her on staying low for Astrid and Grey, I crouch low to the ground, opening the door to my hut with as little creaks as possible.

"Hiccup? What are you doing?"

"I-oh Astrid! Hey Astrid! Hey Astrid! Umm..."

"I said, what are you doing?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all... why?"

She sighs exasperatedly.

"Your a terrible liar," and, by grabbing my tunic, she pushes me harshly to the side, coming to face (y/n).

-(y/n)'s pov-

Astrid's tomato red face comes close to mine, her eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"What in Thor did you think you were doing?"

"A-Astrid i didn't mean to h-"

"Don't you dare. Don't you dare! You come here, stealing my boyfriend, thinking you can just live here with us, be a dragon rider and be happy without doing anything helpful? You think you can flatter every boy till they do things for you? Well wake up sweetie. This is the real world. You need to fight for your place among us Viking warriors. You can't just flaunter in and have things your way. And stay away from me and Stormfly. " And with that, she strides out, making bangs on each step as loud as Thor's thunder.

***

The great hall was noisy and the deafening noise hurt my already sore head. I looked around to see if anything interesting was happening to notice a tired and floppy (d/n) on the floor.

"Girl..." I slide down to rest her head in my lap.

"What's happening girl?" The white beast flopped over to show me a rather overly large, pink belly and as I stared, realisation hit me like a brick.

"Oh... my... thor."

I laid (d/n)'s head on the cold stone floor once again, to run and tap Hiccup on the shoulder furiously.

"One second," he waved his familiar fingers.

I tapped harshly again.

"What?" He looks annoyed, but after shifting his gaze to where my hand was pointing, his mouth dropped, and he smiled widely.

"Omt we need to get her out of here."

And smiling widely, we both joined (d/n)'s side to slowly shift her out of harms way.

——————————————————
Thank you for all the support! Quarantine got me full of ideas for this book so expect some more chapters!

I love you guys so much!

Ender xx