𖣔Chapter 9: raining, pouring𖣔

Berk was drowned in a sudden cascade of rain. It was as if it was mourning the loss of her. The Vikings who adorned Berk had taken refuge in there small wooden huts, just enough to protect them from the storm outside. One Viking, didn't seem to notice these bullets of water splattering down on him, one Viking was thinking deeply about everything that had happened. He couldn't have saved them both, that was the regret that plagued him. He had to save one, but who would he save now?
               ***
It had been two weeks since (y/n) had died in the fire that had ruined the enemy's ship. Berk had held a funeral for her, lighting one of their most exquisite boats a flame in honour of the mark she had made on Vikings lives. Especially the chief. Hiccup had been most distraught at her untimely death, the loss of dragon and Viking had brought a depression upon him,m that no one, not even Astrid, could get him out of. One day, he sauntered down the steps to the downstairs, sleep still heavy on his eyelids. He stroked the Deadly Nadder on the carpet, and cuddled up to the midnight dragon who immediately curled around him, like a protective blanket.

"I'm sorry toothless, that I've been like this. I just can't get my mind off her." Toothless purred in response, as though trying to say, ' it's gonna be ok, we'll get through this together'. Hiccup smiled and lightly stroked the beasts head.

"I feel like she's ok, I truly do, and I'm not sure why. I feel like (d/n) saved her, in a way, and I can't help but shake the feeling, that she's gonna come back!" Hiccup shook his head from side to side. "I don't know why,"

               ***

Later that day, the rain was still chucking down. Vikings had gathered in the magnificent hall located in the middle of the island, to eat and share gossip. Dragons gathered together as well, preserving as much heat and energy as possible.

"This rain is making people crazy!" Astrid huffed, at the head of the table, so only hiccup could hear. He nodded in response and prodded his now partly cold chicken.

"Come one, you can't sulk forever. You have to eat something!" Astrid sighed.

"She's gone Astrid. I can't just forget that! She had a lightfury! She- she-" but he couldn't carry on talking. His throat was try and his eyes were watery. He shuffled his hand onto hers and sighed.

"Sorry, it's just... hard."

"I know, I felt this when I lost my dad," she stroked his hand with a finger. "But you'll push through, you always do, your hiccup horrendous Haddock the third, and as far as I know, he never gave up," Hiccup smiled and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Yeah," he sighed in answer.

-Hiccups pov-

Even though I try as hard as I can for it to stop, my mind can't help wondering to her. My thoughts about her have become confused and fuzzy, her face has become blurred, her smile, faded. I can't stop thinking that something happened to her, but at the same time, I'm forgetting how she was, in real life.

------------------------------
Sorry it's been forever since I updated! I accidentally deleted a couple of chapters so I have to re write them 😑

Comment what I should write next!

Ender xx