𖣔Chapter 17-mistakes𖣔

-y/n's pov-
Leaping away from warmth, I crack my neck around to catch a glimpse of a flaxen haired somebody running out, and a Satan-faced Grey running consolingly after her. I blush and feel my hand shaking at my side, turning to face Hiccup, shock and anger mixed in his face.

"What happened?" He asked, quiet as a mouse.

"I.." I trail off slowly.

"Forget it. Just, leave me for a second." I nod and walk briskly out of the corridor, looking back to see him slumped on the floor.

***

I feel the wind shear through my lilac hair, my waves blowing like a flag in the gusts. A purr and a coo sounded from the strong body underneath me, and I double over, massaging her wing joints and smiling weakly.

"I don't know what I did wrong." I sigh deeply. "Never wanted to hurt them, at all. Maybe we shouldn't have returned in the first place." She bumps me harshly at this, and flys sideways, making me fly by myself.
She snuggles up to me in the air, her scaled head resting by my scar covered side.

For a few minutes, our hearts beated in sync, dragon and human, as one, united.

Swinging my leg back over her side, I lean and lie on her back, her still flying into the distant somewhere, looking around like a meerkat scout looking for predators.

Dipping suddenly, we landed on a familiar island, lush green blades of glass swishing at my ankles, trees with vibrant fruits swaying with the wind.

Mother Nature treated this place kindly whilst I was gone.

***

We entered the cave system carefully, my peg leg clanking loudly against the stone floor, smoothed from our constant adventures over the years. Diagrams and drawings, sketches and symbols of different dragon species and dragon eye lenses, a rumour I had heard in the northern markets.

Hiccup spoke of ferocious tales and how he had destroyed each and every one of the lenses and eyes he had.

A pang of guilt surged painfully through my chest as I thought of what was happening on Berk right now, and in the process of sweeping my musky lilac hair, noticed my face was wet with tears.
***
Never in any corner of the earth had she wanted to cause pain like she had. The betrayal in her best friends face hurt more than an axe and an inferno sword to the heart. She was intending to give space and return before the days end. She would camp on the east side of the island, on the sandy beach that snakes around there.

Suddenly, she cracked her neck round as she felt a swish of wind on the neck, as if someone had walked by. In the hazy sunlight of the afternoon, she could see a black coated figure in the shadowy corner of the room, sitting down, chin resting on his knees, arms wrapped around as if trying his best to hug himself.

She felt herself crying at his broken state, her heart breaking into a thousand pieces for him to fix once again.

Yet she couldn't get the words out to console him, and could only slowly stride towards him, arm outstretched, for him to disappear in a wisp of smoke.

She collapsed with a painful thud, watching the world drift away in a slow haze of darkness, as she drowned in her own tears.

——————————————————

New book out! It's called 'you should see me in a crown' and it's a billie Eilish fanfic.

Love you all!

Ender xxx