Bad Feeling

Again, involves violence (gun violence, shooting) and injury. Again, idea is shared with ImsoDunwithyou
------

"I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do to help you. It's incurable and there is no treatment." Amelia explained to the teen, who looked less than impressed at the news. In fact, he seemed angry about it. Amelia was right though; there was nothing they could do. For once, Grey-Sloan Memorial would be unable to treat someone. The risk was not worth it. Either way, this kid was dying.

"But you're meant to be the best!" He exclaimed, his brows knitting together in anger as he glanced between the small team surrounding him. "You're just going to all let me die?!"

Karev let out a short sigh as he turned to the kid. "We tried everything we could. The surgery is just too risky and chemo will not be enough to get rid of it. Removing the tumor will kill you. It's rare that this ever happens but honestly, it's keeping you alive somehow."

The kid just gave him this disgusted look, almost silently telling him to piss off. Amelia and Alex shared a look between them. Amelia had tried everything at this point. Nothing would work. "I'm so sorry."

"Fine," The kid spat, standing up from the chair he had been sat in, grabbing his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. "But if I'm dying, I'm taking you all with me."

With that, he pushed straight past Amelia, making sure to knock her with some force. She stumbled a little and her hand raised to grasp her shoulder as she took a deep breath, as not to finally lose it. Alex turned to her with a harsh sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose out of frustration.

"What an ass," Alex scoffed, shaking his head at the kid as he watched him walk over to where his parents were sat in the waiting room. "Even for a 15-year-old. Won't even let his parent's in the room."

"Karev," The tone was warning. "Don't speak about him like that. He is only 15 and he's just found out he has an incurable brain tumor. He has every right to be pissed off!"

"That's still no excuse to be an asshole. Are you okay?" Amelia let out a sigh at Alex's question, removing her hand from her shoulder, letting it drop back to her side. She nodded in response before they both left the room, heading over to the nurse's station.

The two spent a moment together as they checked over the boy's charts, both in their own world. They felt terrible; they were doctors and yet, they were unable to save a kid's life. It was extremely rare that this ever happened but today just happened to be one of those days.

"Dr. Karev!" A chirpy, familiar voice caught Alex's attention. He turned to his right to see who it was. "I've been told I'm on your service today!"

"Schmitt, thought I'd never see you." Alex almost scolded him. Levi wasn't often late but today things had just gone a little out of plan.

"Sorry, I got caught up." He dipped his head a little as he awkwardly laughed it off, rubbing the back of his neck. Alex raised a brow at the intern, putting two-and-two together. That wasn't his business and he seriously did not want to get into detail about it.

"Keep that stuff at home, Schmitt." Alex screwed his face up at the intern, before the two of them made their way to the next patient. A toddler who had decided that it would be interesting to shove something directly in their ear, which was now lodged there. The mother had tried to remove it but only feared she would hurt her son even more.

They made their way to the bay in which the two were waiting, Levi following directly behind Alex. There were a few times he almost stood on the back of Karev's shoe, he was following that close. Karev had learned to get used to it by now. Levi was so eager to learn that there was no point in trying to tell him to stop.