Journey To The Past

"I can't believe you would do this to me!"

Nico huffed as he slumped back into the couch, crossing his arms over his chest as he jutted his bottom lip out in a pout. A little celebration was going on beside him as Levi did a little victory dance, overly proud of himself. 

The two had been playing a game of Mario Kart. A very, very competitive game of Mario Kart, that was. In his family, Nico had always been the best at the game. He knew every short cut, every little trick to get ahead and win. He knew the best cars, the best roads to play, he knew how to get the starting boost that Levi always failed to execute. 

Yet here they sat, Levi having won for the third time in a row, meaning that he won the entire game. Nico couldn't quite believe his eyes. Maybe he could blame it on the ridiculous number of obstacles he had to face, or maybe his controller was slowly dying. 

"I won fair and square, Nico. Deal with it, I'm just better than you." Levi's tone was proud and cocky, as was his entire demeanor. 

Nico let out a defeated groan as he sat back up straight, stretching his back out as he did. The muscles in his back were sore from being so tense, having being sat in the same position for far too long. He concentrated on the game so much he swore he forgot to breathe at one point. 

"I can't believe you beat me," He breathed out, turning his head to look at Levi. "No, like seriously. You must have cheated."

"I am no cheat!" Levi gasped, holding his hand to his chest as if the comment had offended him. Nico grinned fondly at his boyfriend, scooting closer to his side. 

"Hmm, okay. I'll accept that. You won fair and square." Nico finally admitted, despite how much it pained him to do so. What had he really expected? Levi was like a game-master of some sort. He just knew how to play every single game perfectly!

Levi grinned at Nico before leaning forward to break the distance between them, capturing Nico's lips in a sweet kiss. 

"We need to stop procrastinating and actually get on with what we need to do," Levi hummed as he pulled back, realizing that they couldn't escape their responsibilities through the power of Mario Kart. "Even though I'd much rather just keep kissing you."

Nico let out a sigh as he nodded his head in agreement, but he knew that if they didn't get on with it, the job would never get done. The two got up from where they were sat on the couch, tidying up the little mess they'd made. 

After they were done, Nico headed into the kitchen, leaving Levi to continue with the mess in the living room. They had to go and get the rest of Levi's stuff from his mom's house. Nico had asked Levi to move in with him and they'd got most of the stuff they needed, there were just a few more things that they needed to sort through and they'd be done. Levi's mom had practically fallen in love with Nico the first time she met him. She could tell that he was a great guy. Though, she did take him aside and give him that typical mom talk of 'if you hurt my son, I will kill you'.

Levi sent a text to his mom letting her know that they'd be there soon to get the last of his things. As much as she was so happy for her son, she was going to miss Levi being in the house. Even if she didn't get to see him much whilst he was there, it was comforting knowing that he was still there. Levi received a text back from her just a minute later, which made him chuckle. 

"Hey, Nico," Levi called, still reading the text on his phone. Nico popped his head around the door of the kitchen, a brow raised in question as he looked at Levi. "My mom wants to know what your favorite sweet treat is."

"Besides from you?" Nico teased. The reaction he got from Levi is exactly what he'd wanted. He found it incredibly adorable when Levi got flustered; It never failed to make him grin like an idiot. "Probably brownies. I really, really love brownies."