Chapter 3: Ditching

Warning: (Long (?) For some reason sowwy)

Tuesday, December 3, 2019.

Eliza sits at a table and chair in the school front yard. She looks up from her phone and sees that Hercules and Lafayette are laughing at some weird meme video they said was called: 'The Entire Ice Age Pentology but every syllable is replaced with the entire Toy Story trilogy but every second that the color green is in the frame it is replaced with every video ever uploaded on YouTube but every 10 seconds every episode of the Simpsons plays but every word with a vowel is replaced with the Bee Movie but every time a bee is shown it is replaced with every episode of SpongeBob played backwards'

..yeah.

And that John is listening to Alexander ranting about how the world was a blank canvas until we came along and make into a abstract jumbled mess and how we need to start over immediately before we self destruct ourselves, and how money is fake paper currency, and- ..You get the jist. Aaron is drawing something in his notebook, and Angelica and Peggy singing 'Pity Party' in perfect harmony. She can barely hear them, though, not that she wants to. Because she's wearing headphones. Because she's not talking.

Not
Obscenely
Tearing apart
The
Amazing
Lovely
Knowingly
Incredible
Never-Failing the
Greatest movie of all time by playing it out loud.

(INSERT MOVIE TITLE HERE).

Eliza smiled at her friends as she continued to watch her favorite movie, lip syncing every line. Just then, someone yanked her headphones out.

Eliza gasped. "(CHARACTER THAT DIES IN MOVIE)?-"

"—HAD IT COMING, WE GOTTA HURRY BEFORE WE'RE LATE TO CLASS!" Peggy yelled, grabbing Eliza's arm and running into the building with the others as the speed of sound.

Alexander panted before standing up confidently. "See?! If it weren't for our horrible 'education' system, we wouldn't have to worry about getting here at 9 in the morning! Waking up in the middle of the night to do assignments—I really feel bad for you if you do that—stressing over learning the same things over and over. We made up numbers! They don't even really exist! You guys ever heard of repetition equals mind control?? They corrupt our minds from the start! See, it all starts with 'tElEvIsOn'-"

"ALEXANDER, PLEASE! WE'RE ALL HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS RIGHT NOW!" Hercules screeched.

"See? The word 'Existential crisis' was created so that when we question our pathetic reality, we feel scared and bad about it. Same for conspiracy theory! STOP FALLING FOR THE MIND TRICKS, YOU GUYS! It's called programming. They-"

"Alexander Hamilton, that's a detention."

Oh gosh. Oh no. Oh lord. Oh god. Oh crap. Oh synonyms for THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD-

Everyone turned around. Towering over them, was the monster herself. Principal Heather Chandler. With her two vice principals, Heather Duke, and Heather McNamara. They glared down at Alexander and everyone else, their expressions could turn the whole room into an ice cave.

"Sign this detention slip." Principal Chandler demanded, shoving the paper into Alexander's face. Alexander threw the paper on the ground forcefully, expecting it to hit the ground with brute force. Instead, it swirled around slowly, very slowly, before softly hitting the ground.

He glared down at the paper as if saying: "You have disappointed me." before looking back up at Principal Chandler, who looked like she was about to throw him out the nearest window. Just like Aaron had wanted to!