Chapter 6: Switching Perspectives (Literally)

YO I'M BACK AND HERE'S A CHAPTER FOR YA'LL SORRY FOR THE LACK (of chapters)

Warning, long!

Alexander's P.O.V

Throughout the time I've been at this school, country, even, I've never seen anyone as good spirited as Eliza. She always had a smile on her face and every time we talked to each other I could feel my day getting 5 times better. But for these past two days, Eliza was just..really sad.. I know she has emotions and of course feels sad, but this was a really off sad, and I can't understand why. The first time I had seen her this upset was yesterday, December 9th. She just seemed miserable all day, and she wouldn't tell me why. She didn't even come to lunch that day! And I know it wasn't because of math practice, because she's great at math. Then, the very next day when school starts, she doesn't even come to first period! And she gets a detention. And don't get me started on John, he's acting like nothing big could of happened to her. Something big had to have happened. And I don't mean to sound self absorbed, but I think she's avoiding me. Or is that too much? I think that's too much.

It's second period now. I'm waiting for Eliza to come inside the classroom..it feels like an eternity..but she finally walks in, with Angelica and Peggy. She suspiciously looks like she's been crying..what's happening here? Angelica and Peggy look almost furious...what could have happened? I want to go over and ask..but surprisingly, I don't want to intrude. So I pull out my phone and text her.

————-
You: Eliza..you look really upset..what's been going on with you? Yesterday you were devastated, and today you miss 1st period, get detention, and come into the room with dry tear stains? What's wrong?

—————-

I look in Eliza's direction. She's sat down, and she hears the notification bell on her phone, and she checks it. And then something creepy happens. She slowly looks up at me. She looks straight into my eyes. And I look straight into hers. Her expression looks terrified, saddened and at the same time..skeptical..like she's searching for something in me. She gives off heartbreak, betrayal, disbelief and loneliness...I hope she answers my text. Wether in text form, or in real life, heck, even paper again, I don't care. I need to find out what happened to her. Something happened. I don't care if everyone in this whole school thinks otherwise, something happened to Eliza. ..And I need to find out what it is.

——————
Eliza: You won't believe me. Just let it go. Pretend it never happened, delete that text, please just don't bring it up again. I don't want to talk about it again. Things happen, and there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry? Please just let it go..it's for the best.

——————

..What?

———————

You: Eliza..

————————

Before I can send my next text, someone taps my shoulder, and I have a feeling it's Eliza. And it is. She looks down at me with her phone in hand. Her voice is an undertone whisper.

"Alexander...please just let it go. It's okay. It wasn't important then, and it it's not important now."

She smiles faintly.

"I appreciate that you care..but...it's not something that you should be worried about...by the way sorry for making you worry."

And with that, she walks back over to her seat.

....For the first time..I'm speechless.

Eliza's P.O.V

Well...I just got depressed over my "best friend" and my crush being together, lost my "best friend", and now I have drama with said best friend. Uggghhhh. Oh yeah, and to top it all off, Alexander's worried about me! This is just like a high school Disney Channel series. To be completely honest, though..I'm skeptical about Alexander a little bit He's dated Ava before he even came to this school, and he couldn't have not noticed her negative vibe, right? I don't know.