Chapter 5: Feelings Are Weird.

A/N: Wop diddly wop, things get serious in this dop
Also, a pic of Ava and Eliza ^

Eliza smiled at her phone. Maria was a really good person to vent to. She really understood what Eliza was going through, and Eliza really liked that. Maria liked that Eliza liked that. Eliza had forgotten why she had come to Maria for in the first place. They were really good friends now! Avaxander still hurt..and she still liked Alexander..so that part wasn't working out very well. She felt kind of selfish for liking him when one of her best friends was with him. Eliza sat next to Maria on the edge of a wall.

"It's like..I want them to be happy..but at the same time I want to be happy with him! It's so weird..it feels so wrong..."

Maria put her arm around her. "Hey..it's okay,..I think..you can like who you like. Even if they're dating someone else..but..you can't take it to the extreme. It's not like you're dating him secretly behind Ava's back..right?"

"Yeah..but still..then I just completely ignored him that day I found out he was with Ava..does that mean I'm a bad friend..?"

"No, no! ..At least..I don't think so. I think it just means your feelings are..being feelings. Sometimes they can be over dramatic."

"Yeah.." Eliza nodded. "They can be over dramatic..like me."

Maria chuckled. "Mhm.."

"Feelings are weird."

...

Eliza and Maria looked at each other when they realized they both said the same thing at the same time.

"..Life is weird, too." Eliza smiled.

"More like strange," Maria grinned back.

Eliza laughed. "You're a true friend, Maria.."

"You are too."

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while.

Eliza then shot up from her seat, almost falling out the ledge in a nervous panic. "..Oh no..I'm not even supposed to be here..I'm grounded! Oh..Angelica and Peggy are at home..my parents are probably gonna kill me!"

Maria stood up with Eliza. "No they won't! Just tell them that..you had a project."

"Then why didn't Angie and Peggy have this project?"

"..Extra credit and I'm your tutor. ..Will that work?"

"..I don't usually like lying...but....okay."

"Okay it is."

🏫☀️

"Alexander noticed that Eliza hadn't been sad lately. But why had she been sad in the first place? He was going to find out with the help of John who seemed strangely reluctant for some reason but tagged along anyways. Nothing would stop Alexander until he found out what broke Eliza's heart that day-"

"Alexander, what're you doing?" John blinked in confusion at Alexander who seemed to be..narrating his own life?

"Oh, you know how in those detective movies where they narrate everything? Yeah that's what I'm doing."

Alexander and John stood in the entrance of the corridor, they had just arrived at school pretty early and Alexander wanted to immediately spring into action with his whole 'Someone hurt Eliza's feelings and he's going to find out who no matter what' investigation.