Blue and May

The following hours after Anazra had left were filled only with awkward silence and a lot of tension. May have had just gone back and sat on her bed, not even looking at Blue. He didn't really care much, what he did care about was that Anazra's life must be dreadfully boreing. The only books she had have fallen apart. She wasn't an Aspect that required food, so she had no kitchen. Their were no pictures on her walls. She really only had one wall, the one he was sitting against. The rest were just made of the dirt that surrounded it.

After a few hours, Blue believed that May had fallen asleep, but soon saw her reach down and scratch her leg. His curiosity was pushed to the brink knowing she was awake and that he could ask questions. He didn't mean to, but he blurted out.

"Can we please talk, I have so many questions that it's killing me?" May didn't move at first, she stayed as if she really was asleep. After a minute or two, she turned and sat up on the bed. Her eyes, actually seemed to glow in the dark and made her features very feminine in this light. She spoke, her voice still sounding like a girls.

"Alright. I don't know much though. About anything, I seem to be able to speak just fine, and I feel confident that I can write." She answered not moving from the bed at all.

Blue, leaned forward. His eyes, a beautiful bright blue, and his features also seemed to mimick a child's at points.

"That's understandable, we all could do that. We are all born with the knowledge of the Daydreamer." May frowned in confusion at this.

"What is the Daydreamer? I know what a daydream is but not... Whatever it is you're talking about." This truly suprized Blue. Every Aspect knew what the Daydreamer was, they were him. He was speechless at first. This would be like a grown man asking what planet he lived on.

"You really don't know? Goddess, you really are something special." They held each other's gaze for a long minute until Blue spoke once again. "Well, to answer your question, the Daydreamer is the 'owner' of the heart. The soul if you will." She nodded. She seemed to grasp the fact that she was part of someone's soul just fine.

"But why is it called the Daydreamer?" She was now leaning forward, actually interested.

"Why are you called May? Why is my name Blue? Every soul has a name, much like we do. This one is just called the Daydreamer." She made a sound of affirmation, showing that she understood. Blue then went on. "You do know what we are right?" She scrunched her nose slightly.

"Sort of. We are called Aspects?" She half said and half questioned.

"Yep. You know why why?"

"Umm. Because we are the different parts of the heart?" Blue sort of shrugged and raised his eyebrows slightly.

"If you want to make it very basic. We are the embodiment of the separate parts of the mind and heart, together, we are all the Daydreamer." She seemed to be understanding. " But that doesn't necessarily mean we're in control. True, what we do impacts the Daydreamer, but it's also vice versa, what he does has an impact on us." May nodded her head and said "gotcha", a thing almost all Aspects did.

"So are we supposed to know what we are? The embodiment of I mean." Blue rose off of the "couch" and walked over to the bed and squatted so he was almost eye level with May. This close, and perhaps the look of confusion made her look very masculine.

"Yeah. We're born knowing. Well, born is a loose term. We are generally created by the Daydreamer and other Aspects. Not fall from the sky." This seemed to make her a little uncomfortable.

"Well I don't know what I am. I really have no idea." She answered, sounding completely sincere. "Is it ok to ask what you are?" She asked seemingly shy.