Five

Kiera found me crying in the hallway as she made her up to her room. She quickly rushed to my side.

"Baleigh! Oh my gosh! What happened?"

I couldn't speak without bursting into more tears. Kiera sat there with me, her arm around my shoulders.

"Why don't we go in the bathroom and get your cleaned up. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded. Anything was better than sitting in the middle of a hallway crying.

Kiera helped me up and walked me to the nearest bathroom which happened to be a small half bath in the middle of the hallway. I walked in and slumped on the close toilet seat. That goodness Trinity knew to put the seat down. Kiera closed the door and knelt down close to me. She handed me a box of tissues that sat on a shelf. I took them but didn't use them. I felt too upset and weak to do anything.

"Baleigh, what's wrong? You can tell me."

I wanted to tell her, but it was like my strength had been taken from the fight. Things had gotten better before Collin had to jump into things. And I didn't make it any better by snapping at him.

"Is this about Collin?" Kiera asked.

I looked at her. "You know?" I croaked. My voice sounded hoarse from all the crying.

"Trinity told me. Said you and Collin got into a fight and the two of who had gone upstairs to fix it. I thought maybe you guys had sided your differences but-" Kiera looked at my red, puffy eyes and wet face. "Guess it didn't work."

"No. It didn't." I wanted to cry some more but I had cried all my fluids out. I'm not sure if you can really do that, but that's what I felt like.

"I can take you to my room. We can talk there. And get you something new to wear."

"Why do I need something new to wear?" I asked. "What's wrong with jeans and a t-shirt?"

Kiera sat up and put her hand out to me. "The best way to let out your problems is to look and feel comfortable."

I couldn't help out laugh just a little. I took her hand and sat up. The two of us walked to Kiera and Nate's room. The room was originally Nate's until Kiera moved in after high school. You could tell Kiera has taken over on the decorating when she moved it because the room looked so cute and cozy. Before, it had only two things hanging on the wall: a photo of Nate's family and a plaque from his football season his senior year.

"Where's Paisley?" I asked as Kiera went through her drawers.

"Evelyn is watching her. I just got back from the woods."

"But I thought you didn't go. You said that you wanted to stay with Paisley."

"Yeah, But I couldn't just stand there and hope that he would come back. I had to do something. But I couldn't find him. His scent had disappeared." Kiera pulled out a button-up pajama shirt and matching bottoms. It was a light grey with white polka dots. It actually looked super cute.

"When did you get this?" I asked as I took the pajamas from her hand.

"I've had them for years but I never wore them. They're still super soft."

I rubbed my fingers in the fabric. It was like holding a piece of heaven! They felt so soft!

I quickly disappeared in the bathroom and shut the door. I quickly changed into the soft pajamas. Once they were on, I turned and looked in the mirror. My eyes were red from crying. My face looked wet from the tears. My hair was sticking up in funny places. I looked absolutely terrible.