Twelve

My alarm rang promptly at 9:30 A.M. I groaned and was close to hitting the snooze button when I remembered what was planned for today. We were going to go save lives!

I crawled out of bed and pulled the covers up so it looked at least a little tidy. Moving around the room, I pulled open the drapes, letting the Southern California morning sunlight into the room. I grabbed an outfit from my suitcase and slipped them on.

When I finished, I headed for the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I brushed out my hair — which took longer than I'd wanted, thanks to the nest it'd created overnight — and decided to just leave it down. However, I did pull back the strands from my face with a bobby pin.

I grabbed everything I needed from the room and walked down to the kitchen. Trinity, Dr. Stone, and Evelyn were seated at the table, all dressed and ready to go. Ashley sat in the high chair at the end, repeating the word 'food' over and over. Tyler was at the stove making French Toast and sausage links. Collin was dancing around the kitchen, grabbing plates and glasses, juice, and whatever Tyler needed. Any other day I might have laughed at that; well if Collin and I were on good terms anyway.

"Morning guys," I said with a smile, ignoring the look of longing Collin gave me. Tyler waved his spatula and Ashley sent me a wide grin. I couldn't not give her one back. She was just so cute! I walked over to her and tickled her stomach. She giggled and asked for food again. "Momma's coming with your food, Ash." I kissed her forehead.

"Where's Kiera and Nate?" I asked innocently, even though I knew I couldn't be the only one who heard them arguing last night. Especially with those wolf ears of theirs'.

Trinity shrugged, giving me a look. "Haven't seen them. They'll be down in time to leave though."

I nodded, grabbing a plate from the counter and walking over to Tyler. He hit me up with two pieces of each breakfast item. I doused them both in syrup and grabbed a fork before finding a seat at the table next to Trinity.

"The Royal's never gave you a time though, do they even know we're coming?" Evelyn asked; I could tell she was anxious about the whole thing.

I finished chewing my bite and shrugged. "They're not expecting us, but I think it'd be good to go and support the Royal Family right? I mean I didn't grow up in this lifestyle, but they are your rulers right?" They nodded, so I continued. "Plus, I personally couldn't bare not going because I spotted them in the first place! I got to see it through and help on any way I can."

Dr. Stone gave me a soft smile, "And if they're not at the beach?"

"I'll take the chance. But I think we should go as soon as possible just in case to be early. I think they'll appreciate this. I know I would if I was in their place."

Sydney nodded. "Agreed! If Ashley was taken, I'd definitely appreciate anyone offering to help me!"

I grinned and checked the time. 10:27. Where were Kiera and Nate?

I cleared my plate and stood up to place it in the sink when heavy footsteps sounded from the stairs. I exchanged a look with Trinity before Kiera stepped into the kitchen.

"Baleigh, could I talk to you?"

Surprised, I barely nodded, setting my plate on the counter and following her to the living room. "What's up?"

"Well, Nate and I had another huge fight last night and I just need to talk to someone."

I nodded and lead her over to the couch. We both took a seat.

"What happened?"

"He. . . He . . . He lied to me Baleigh! He's been hiding a huge thing from me and I don't know how to deal with it!"

"Do you want to tell me what it is?"

She sniffles a little. "Well apparently he was involved with some Werewolf equivalents to criminals and he did some really bad things. I'm not sure if I should say everything, because that's not even the point."

I gave her a quizzical look. "What is the point then?"

She sighed, "He hid his past from me! And when confronted, he lied to my face! I mean that's a pretty big point don't you think?" I nodded, understanding.

"I mean, we're the Alpha and Luna of the Red Moon Pack! We should work as one and be on the same page! We should be honest with each other and tell each other everything!"

She paused and the silence stretched for several moments before I spoke. "But you love him right?" She nodded. "And you have a kid to raise together! Shouldn't you be glad he came clean, even after all this time, than be focusing on his past mistakes? He's trying Kiera, and that's the best a boy can do!" She let out a sigh and gave me a half smile. "Focus on the future, not the past, okay? You can make things right, I know it! You're his mate, remember? He messed up, but I know you guys can work it out . I've seen it before. I've never seen Nate as happy as he is with you. He may have made a huge mistake, but you can't hold it against him forever. There is always a way to forgive and fix the mistakes made."

Kiera looked at me, and then threw her arms around me. "Thanks Baleigh." I smiled and hugged her back.

She pulled away from the hug and smiled at me. "Thank you so much Baleigh, you really are a great friend!" I smiled. "But, you know, you should listen to your own advice sometime. Collin is trying, you know. He loves you more than you'll ever be able to see, but you do make it hard when you seem to forget parts of the lifestyle you got swept into."

I pulled back and inwardly sighed. "It's just. . . I wish he'd see my side for once, you know? Sure there's the lifestyle I came into, but what about the lifestyle I came from? We go to college, we have kids later! I just feel so rushed and freaked out."

She nodded and grabbed my hands. "I know it's hard. But just try a compromise sometime?" I gave her a small nod and that satisfied her for the time being. "But now we gotta go! We don't want them to leave us behind! Oh, how I would lose myself if we got left behind!" Kiera continued on her little rant. I shook my head. At least not everything has been ruined just yet.