Chapter 9: Dad's Secret

Author's note
Sorry readers if I keeping you guys waiting for this chapter 😅 It's short chapter~ Enjoy reading 💖

~~~

Christmas is upcoming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban. "Looks so fun," I joined the twins' doing but unfortunately, dad caught on the spot. Geez, why he had to come now? The weird thing is dad smile evilly. Dad raise his wand, bewitched few snowballs and throw it right on Quirrell's face which making him fall into the snow.

"Dad, seriously you are so MEAN," I laughed as dad smiled satisfied on what his doing.

Some of students went back to their home, while the rest stay at school and so do I. As I had nothing to do, I wonder around in the hall and saw Flitwick decorating the giant Christmas tree. "May I help you, sir?" He turned facing me with his bright smile. "It would great, Ms. Snape." Without any hestitate, I conjure a spell on the decorations.

An hour later, I walked back to common room and saw Draco holding his trunks. "Happy Christmas, Mavy." I bid him a wish, "Happy Christmas, Dray. Ohh! Here's your present!" I handed a small box to him. "Your presents at your dorm, Mavy. I'll open the gift from you when I'm at home later. See you after Christmas!"

Closing the door behind me, I saw lots of presents. They are from The Malfoys, Weasley twins and Ron, Harry, Hermione, Pansy, Blaise, Neville, McGonagall, Dad and Dumbledore. What a lots of presents! The first gift I opened was from dad. It was a emerald snake bracelet. The rest of presents will be opened later. Flixie, my house elf asked me to help dad brewing potions at his office.

As I walked to his office, I could smell the aroma of the potions. "Good morning, dad. Need some help?" He nodded as he smile. "I could see that you've been opening your present," Dad noticed the bracelet that he gave to me.

"Mavis, can you pass me a bezoar?" I quickly pass dad a bezoar. Dad rolled his sleeve up, exposing his forearms. At the same time, I noticed a familliar tattoo on his left forearm. As I taking few step back, I fall on the cold floor.

"Impossible, that's-- a dark mark." Dad had just realize that he rolled his sleeve up to his elbow. "Mavis, I-- can explain it. Please listen to me," He terrified that I will run away. Instead of running, I quickly drew my wand to him. "Stay away from me," I warned him. He sighed, "Okay, okay... Just lower your wand."

"Have a seat," he gestured me to sit on a couch but a bit far from him. I saw his sad expression, even he tried to hide it, which make me feel guilty. "I promise you that I will tell you everything one by one," he said sincerely. "Everything?" He nodded.

"It just my mistake, joining Death Eater. Trust me, I'm not one of them anymore. I've switch my side. You can ask Dumbledore about it," he told me. Dumbledore knew that Dad was a Death Eater?

"Alright," I paused, "But who is my mother then?" I had been curious since I was a little girl. "You'll know her when I'm ready to tell you," he rise from his seat and went back to brewing potions. No wonder he was wearing long sleeves after all these years, he wanted to hide it from others.

I headed to the great hall and saw Harry and Ron. "Didn't go back home?" They shook their head. "Why?" I asked them. "I just want to stay away from my cousin," Harry said. "My parents visiting my brother, Charlie, at Romania." Ron said as he playing chess with Harry.

"Barbaric," I mumbled. I sat next to Harry, watching them playing wizard chess. "Oh, Mavy. My mum had made you a Weasley sweater," Ron handed me a green sweater with 'M' on it. I thanked him, while Harry pass me a green coloured scarf.

"Umm, Mavis. Have you heard a name of Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked.

"I do. Why?" Well, I'm a bookworm. So, I knew everything, just like Hermione. "Can you help us figuring it out?" Both of them looking at me with hope that I will help them to figuring it out. "Sure, boys but I'll not be around here in few more days and will be back here after Christmas." I told which make them both smile brightly and hugged me.

"Why?" The boy asked.

"Going back home," I told them. Had some time alone with dad, lots of thing to discuss. They smile, playing the wizard chess. While me, keep on wondering who was my mother.

After few days looking for a book of Nicholas Flamel, I failed to find it. Studying at dad's study desk, I noticed that dad loves lilies. Beautiful flower. "Dad, why do you loves these lilies?" Dad came down while button up his sleeves. Dad pause his pace, looking at me.

"Because it remind me of my one and only best friend since my childhood," He hold his tears as he quickly turned away, shedding his tears. "Make sure you pack some of your things," he reminded me to pack as we will be home in few days more.

Spend time alone with family, small family. Me and dad as what we usually do.