What Next

"And a glass of water for you," Jacobi said as he handed out some waters to the newsies. "And one for you, and you, and um...who's the big spender who ordered the seltzer?" he asked while holding up the glass.

"Over here," Albert said as he waved his hand in the air. Jacobi nodded before he walked over to where the redhead was and said, "That'll be two cents."

"Two cents for a glass of seltzer?" Albert asked. "Just give me a wada," he said gesturing to the extra water glass on the trey.

"How did I ever see that comin'?" Jacobi asked deadpanned as he headed Albert the glass of water before leaving. After a failed attempt made by Jack, Davey, and Les to go take their demands to Pulitzer, the newsies, Davey and Les all headed to the deli for the next plan of action.

"I'd say we launched our strike in the most auspicious manner," Davey said while raising his glass with a proud smile. The newsies' faces went from excited, to the most confused look ever. An awkward silence filled the air as they all tried to figure out what Davey had just said.

"I dunno bout that," Mush said seriously, breaking the awkward silence. "But we sure scared the bejeebers outta Weasel!" he exclaimed as he punched Feister's upper arm, while the other newsies shouted out their agreements.

"An' did ya see the Delanceys?" Feister asked with a big smile. "They's didn't know which was up!" She punched him back. It was a lot harder than Mush expected it to be, and he almost swore a bruise was forming, but he didn't mind that much because it was Feister.

"Ok, so, what's next?" Jack asked changing the subject while standing up on the table.

"Now we spread the word, let the rest of the cities newsies know about the strike," Davey replied.

"You heard the man, split up an' spread the word."

"We's got Harlem," Mush said, putting an arm around Feister, she saluted Jack to let him know she was ok with going.

"I got Midtown," Race piped up.

"I got the Bronx," JoJo added.

"And I got the Bowery," Buttons finished.

"Alright, Specs, you take Queens. Tommy boy, take the East side, Sniper you go with 'im. An' who wants Brooklyn?" All the newsies looked away from Jack, not making eye contact or any sudden movements. "Aw come on, Brooklyn. Spot Conlon's turf." still no answer. "Finch," Jack said, making said boy look up. "You'se tellin' me yer scared of Brooklyn?"

"I ain't scared of no turf," Finch exclaimed as he quickly stood up. The other newsies looked at Finch as if he lost his mind. "But the Spot Conlon gets me a little jittery." Finch then sat back down before looking away from Jack again.

"Fine," Jack groaned. "Me an' Davey will take Brooklyn."

"Me?" Davey asked in shock. "No I have to get back-"

"Why are you all so scared of Brooklyn?" a female voice interrupted, getting the attention of all the newsies. The female in question was the one from the other morning, which of course grabbed the boys attention, they all started at her with wide eyes while Feister rolled hers.

"What're you doing here?" Jack asked in shock with wide eyes.

"Asking a question, do you have an answer?" she asked.

"Brooklyn is the sixth largest city in the woild, you got Brooklyn you hit the maudda load," He explained. "Say, for someone who works for The Sun, yer sure are spendin' a lot of time hangin' around The Woild." Jack gestured around the room full of newsies who were still staring.