Victory

"What's taking them so long?" Les asked impatiently. When the newsies finished spreading the word they went back to the square, hoping and waiting that after all their hard work and everything they been through wasn't for nothing.

"Calm down, kid," Romeo said while patting Les on the back. "They'll be out soon." Just as Romeo said this they could all hear Jack yell, "Newsies of New York," They all looked up to see Jack and Pulitzer standing on the little balcony where one of the Delancey brothers would stand and watch them to make sure they didn't cause any trouble as they bought their papers.

Jack smiled at the boys before yelling at the top of his lungs, "We won!" there was a moment of silence as the newsies took in what Jack had just said. Then, they all exploded into a round of loud cheers. There were hugs, smiles and you could feel the happiness in the air. They won the strike, they actually beat Pulitzer at his own game. "An' I would like to introduce my very personal pal, Governor Theodore Roosevelt himself."

"Now all we's hafta do is get Feisty back," Mush whispered. It wasn't going to be easy, but there was no way he was going to leave Feister in the Refuge for another night.

"Don't worry, we'll get 'er back," Kid Blink reassured.

"Hey guys look, it's Feister!" Race exclaimed. Mush was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard her name. If this was a dream, it better not end. But, sure enough, a small girl with big, dark brown eyes and dark hair came running in with the biggest smile on her face and a spark in her eyes.

Feister had the biggest smile on her face, she was beyond happy that she was finally back with her brothers. "Heya boys!" she exclaimed with a huge smile. "Dijya miss me?" she asked.

"YEAH!" they all exclaimed in the most obvious tone ever. A few of them waved their caps, and others waved their hands. Feister couldn't help but laugh. This was probably the happiest moment of her life, being back with the all the boys she loved.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I have somethin' for ya, a gift, straight from the Refuge." she smiled then turned back around to where she came from and yelled, "Hey, bring 'im in." Within seconds, two officers came in, dragging something very interesting.

"Oh, it's Snyder the Spider," Race said in a mocking tone.

"He ain't lookin' so tough no more," Sniper added. He then walked up to the Spider, who tried to kick him way. Key word tried.

"Jack, with those drawings, you've made an eloquent argument for closing down the Refuge. Be assured that Mr. Snider's abuses will be fully investigated," Governor Roosevelt said. "Officers take him away."

"Excuse me your honor, but may I?" Feister asked sheepishly. When the governor nodded she smiled, and the officer handed her the handcuffs.

"You've got to be joking," Snyder the Spider said as a little girl handcuffed him.

"Then you'll be laughin' all the way ta the pen little man," Feister teased. "So long, sucker," She kicked him in the butt, and The Spider was off to jail. After that Jack ran down giving Feister a tight bear hug. "Thank you governor." he said, while still hugging the small girl.

When they let go of the hug they walked back over to the rest of the boys, who surround Feister. They were all talking at once, along with pats and some very tight hugs. "We missed ya kid!" Race exclaimed as he pulled Feister into a very tight hug.

"Can't, breathe," Feister replied. She was on the verge of passing out when Race let her go. After catching her breath she said, "Missed ya too Smokey." just then she felt someone hug her from behind and say, "Don't ever leave me alone with Mike again!" she had to assume that was Ike talking.