King of New York

"Hey drink up boys, and don't say I don't ever give ya nothin'. And before you say water it nothin', just ask a fish, in the desert," Jacobi said, before going back to the kitchen. It had been a few days since the brawl and things weren't looking good for the newsies. Jack went missing, Crutchie has been spending his days in the Lodge, refusing to leave his bed, and Feister was still in the Refuge. As for the rest of the boys they were all at Jacobi's, with nothing else to do but mope around.

"Why do old people tawk?" Finch asked while sitting up straight.

Race sighed before pulling his cigar out of his mouth and said, "Ta proves they's still alive." the blonde tried to lighten up the mood as much as he could, considering the state he was in. There was a small chuckle from Finch, and head nods from the others. Besides Jack missing, there was another elephant in the room. Getting Feister out of the Refuge. Race wasn't exactly sure when, or even how that would happen. Yes, there have been break outs before, but that doesn't mean it would be easy. The break out team was usually, Jack, Race, Finch and Albert.

Jack would find out where a newsie was and give him (or in this case her) instructions to bust out. Race and Albert were the muscle/on ground distraction. Whether it was punch or a prank, they'd double team up on whoever is trying to stop them. And Finch was well...the watch bird. He kept an eye from the roof top of nearby buildings and would shoot pebbles at the guards when needed.

But with Jack missing, Finch getting migraines every now and then. Albert's bruised eye, not to mention a wound on his upper arm, and Race also having a bruised eye. The break out team was well...the broken team. But, there was no way Feister was staying in the Refuge a moment more. Yet, there was the fact she could always get busted up. If Race had to guess - no - he knew Mush was already planning on going to see Feister again that night. So hopefully if she isn't too injured, Race could possibly set up another break out team for that night.

Race would obviously have to take Jack's place for the team. The blonde thought about who'd he bring for a few moments. It would be the safer bet not to bring Finch since can't see straight with those migraines. Sniper would be the obvious choice, though, he is one of the younger newsies. But with the state Finch is in, there wasn't another choice. Race knew Albert was going to go no matter what state he was in. A couple of bruises and a wound won't stop Albert, that's for sure.

Lastly, there was his place to cover. Mush would probably be the best to take, but Race wasn't sure if that was the brightest idea on the planet. Strong bond can equal trouble. It would definitely do more harm than good if Race were to let Mush go along on the break out mission. Race could make a whole list of reasons of why that would be a bad idea. But...there was always a, "but" to everything.

"Good morning gentleman." Katherine said as she walked into the Deli with a smile on her face. The newsies' response were groans. None of them were in a very cheery mood at the moment, and Race was starting to get stressed on the whole break out mission. "Would you look at these glum mugs. Could these really be the same boys who made front page of The New York Sun!" This made them perk up faster than you can say 'papes'.

"Would ya look at that! That's me!" Race exclaimed, slapping the paper with the back of his hand. Though there were a million things to be worried about. He had to keep up the happy mood so no one would be down in the dumps. But being on the front page, Race didn't have to try so hard to be happy.

"Front page and you ain't even dead yet." Jojo yelled over the noise.

"Where's me? Where's me?" Romeo asked as he quickly grabbed the paper from Race.

"Wait in till my old man gets a load of this!" Buttons exclaimed as e grabbed the paper from Romeo. "I won't be last in line for the tub tonight!"

"But you're still gonna stink." Romeo commented.