Soul Fated

"Please tell me that you feel some remorse for what you've done?"

Lance didn't respond. He wanted to erase the memory of Hunk's dead face from his mind, but he also wanted to save Allura.

"You do, don't you. How could you not? It was Hunk you killed last after all."

"Are you okay?"

Lance's eyes widened upon hearing Krolia's voice. He looked up at the female Galra who Keith's biological mother was. She was the last person in the world he'd expect to console him.

"Yeah. You did kill me after all. And Shiro."

"What? Does Keith think she'd tear me to shreds."

"That's kind of a given Lance, given that she's you know, Galra."

"Stop reading my mind."

"Oh boy..." Keith let out a deep breath. "You keep forgetting I can't stop that but can even do that, but I have no clue how she'll react to what you just said.

"Sweetheart, it's kind of easy to understand how you feel."

"There is no way for you to understand how I feel."

"I lost Keith. Goodness knows there were also some things I needed to reconcile with Shiro on."

"What?" Lance frowned but looked up at Krolia in confusion. "What's that about?"

"What is that about?" Krolia's mouth pushed together, but for a moment Lance thought she would purr like a mother cat.

"My mother isn't a cat Lance..." Keith muttered. His voice then cracked at Lance's next thought. "And no! Just because I'm part Galra doesn't mean I'll purr like a cat when I'm happy either."

"I wonder..."

"What..."

"Oh, just wondering what Keith would be like if he was happy." In some ways, he was lying as he didn't care enough about Keith, but in the back of his mind, he still wondered if Keith would do something weird like purr like a cat. That would be great material to poke fun of him, but unfortunately, that would never happen – Keith being happy or the chance to mock his rival.

"You didn't know?" Krolia's eyes widened.

"Know what?"

"Keith was happy knowing his fellow paladins were happy."

"Sure he was."

"He was." Krolia stood up. "If you need someone to talk to, let me know. I may be Galra, but I do have a bit of experience regarding human emotions. My mate was human after all."

Lance watched her leave and heard Keith sigh. He felt his facial features twist in anger. He turned and looked at Keith. "What?"

"I was just thinking about my dad and how much my mom misses him."

"Why the hell do you have to make everything about you Keith! Why do you have to be so self-centered like that Keith!"

"Are you okay?"

Lance felt his face twitch at a second person asking if he was okay and turned to look at James Griffin. "What do you want?"

James took a deep breath and folded his arms across his chest. "You were talking to – well, nobody was there."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you definitely know what he's talking about. Maybe, just maybe..." Keith sighed. "Honestly, I don't know how you could make things up to Allura after what you've done."

"What the hell do you mean by making things up with Allura, Keith!"

"Okay. So I know you're probably feeling guilty about bullying Keith during our time at the garrison. I certainly do, but..."

"Don't you dare project yourself onto me!" Lance turned on James. "And I most certainly didn't bully Keith. He bullied me."

"What? When..."

Lance turned and glared at Keith. "Don't say you weren't a bully! You never acknowledge me as your rival!"

Keith's facial features twisted in annoyance. "Really? This again?"

"That would be because you were never Keith's rival."

"Excuse me?" Lance wanted to reach out and stab James with the blade, but for some reason, there was no humming or call from the blade to do so which irritated Lance greatly.

"Come on. He was at the top of our class and you the bottom. There were plenty of other cadets you had to pass before you got even close to being his rival."

"What, did you think you were his rival?"

James let out a deep breath. "In academics maybe. Everything else, no. Couldn't even get close to matching him. He should have been the next Takashi Shirogane you know."

"Shut up Griffin. There is no way he could have been the next Takashi Shirogane."

"Yeah, I agree..."

"Shut up Keith. I was going to be the next Takashi Shirogane and you ruined that!" Lance glared at Keith and saw Keith give him another one of his super exasperated looks. These looks were worse than Keith reacting or just ignoring him.

"No, just no." Keith stood there with his arms across his chest and continued looking exasperated.

Lance reached out to grab the front of Keith's clothing. "What..."

"Look. If you're talking to people who aren't there, maybe just maybe you should go to the infirmary."

"I am going to the infirmary." Lance turned towards James. "I'm going to be the one who will cure Allura, not Keith."

"You are honestly the most delusional person I've met." James gave Lance an exasperated look as well. "Well, I'll give you that you're more likely to cure Allura because Keith is dead."

"No! I'm more likely because I have the marks!" Lance pointed at the marks on his face. "See? They prove I'm her soul mate!"

"I don't know what they prove, but if you were really her soul mate why was it Keith who found her."

"Shut up."

"James. I'm not following your logic."

"You shut up as well Keith!"

"Yeah. You really should go to the infirmary and have your head checked out. Taking to people who aren't there is definitely a sign you've gone insane."

"I'm not insane. I'm headed to the infirmary right now only because I've got the cure for Allura and I'm going to go cure her!"

"Yeah. Keep telling yourself that, though I don't know how the Altean Princess is going to feel finding out all of her close friends are now dead. I get that you're her boyfriend, but at least be a little bit considerate about that if she ever does wake up. I guess I may see you later, but I'd honestly rather not."

Lance glared at James as he turned and left.