Two

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked, bringing a bag of bread over to the table the rest of us were sitting around.

"The 24th," Vanya answered.

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good." Five laid out two pieces of bread on the cutting board. I still couldn't believe I was seeing him after so many years. And as far as I knew, he didn't have my dumb powers, so how was he still a teen?

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther spoke up. When he didn't get a response, he stood. "It's been seventeen years."

Five scoffed, and faced him. "It's been a lot longer than that." He moved forward and used his powers before he ran into Luther, jumping through space to land on a stool.

"I haven't missed that," Luther grumbled.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked, brooding as he stared at the floor.

"The future. It's shit, by the way."

"Called it," Klaus spoke up, lazily brushing away my hand as I flicked his forehead.

"I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing," Five walked over to the fridge and grabbed a jar of peanut butter from it, "jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

He paused to look at us, and glanced at Klaus' skirt.

"Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus lifted up a tassel from the skirt and swung it around.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked the question we were all wanting an answer to. I used Diego's shoulder to help myself down from the table, receiving a glare from him in the process, and walked over to the counter. I needed a drink.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state of myself that exists across every possible instance of time," He explained, spreading peanut butter across the two slices of bread.

"That makes no sense," Diego said, shaking his head.

"Well, it would if you were smarter," Five told him, calmly opening the bag of marshmallows he had gotten out as Luther held Diego back from attacking.

"How long were you there?" Luther asked. I pulled a bottle off of the counter and almost dropped it when Five gave his answer.

"Forty-five years. Give or take."

Luther and Diego both sat down, and I took a large swig of the amber liquid in my hand. I was too sober to deal with time travel.

"So you're saying you're fifty eight?" Luther said, breaking the stunned silence.

"No, my consciousness is fifty eight. Apparently, my body is thirteen again. Speaking of, what gives, Sis? You look a few years older than me." Five looked to me, and I set the bottle down.

"Turns out I do have powers. Completely useless-in-a-fight powers, but still powers. I stopped aging about three years after you poofed," I answered, taking back my seat on the table. Before I was sixteen, the family assumed I was powerless, like Vanya. But a little while after Ben's death, I just stopped aging. No explanation other than I had the stupidest powers known to mankind.

"Wait, Five, how exactly does that work?" Vanya asked, still trying to figure the boy out. I had learned long before Five had first disappeared not to question his madness.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh." He took a bite of his completed sandwich. "Bet she's laughing now."

"Delores?" Five ignored the question, picking up a newspaper with our father's face plastered across it.