Three

"Who would fight in a diner? Absolutely ridiculous," an elderly man grumbled to himself, hobbling past the crime scene with his cane clacking against the concrete.

I was clutching one of Diego's knives in my coat pocket, thinking that the fight might just come back, when I noticed one of the police officers zapping my brother with a taser.

"Oh, wonderful. Just great," I said to no one in particular, and ducked under the yellow plastic cautioning me that the area was a crime scene.

"Hey, miss, you can't be in here." A young police officer stopped me from going any further, and my mind flew to find a decent cover.

"It's just- my mom works here, I wanted to make sure she wasn't here."

"Can't you call her?"

"We don't have cells. Please, I'll just take a second." I put on a puppy face that I'd seen on Klaus throughout our childhood, and he sighed.

"Alright. I'll come with-"

"No, it's okay, I know my way around. Besides," I nodded towards the evidence bag he was holding, "that seems important."

He worriedly glanced around, then sighed again.

"If anyone asks, I didn't let you through."

"Thank you, sir!" I exclaimed, then hurried past him, dropping the smile as I approached my brother and the female cop.

She was holding Diego's mask from the old days of the family kicking butt together, and I sped to a jog.

"Hi, ma'am, I'm sorry about my dad, he-"

"What, you've looped a kid into your vigilante job now?" The woman asked, exasperated. "And please, tell me she's not actually your kid. Nobody needs you as an influence in their childhood."

"She's my sister. Vivian, meet Eudora Patch. Eudora, Vivian," Diego introduced us.

"Wait, is this the-" A smirk grew on my face, and I got a glare from my brother beside a curious glance from Officer Patch.

"Can it, Viv."

"As much as I've loved meeting you, I have to find someone to escort your brother to a jail cell." She grabbed Diego's arms, which were in cuffs, and began walking over to an empty police car with flashing lights.

"By the way, this thing might look like a botched robbery, but my gut's telling me that something else is going on here." One of the officers lifted up the police tape for us, which I ducked under and continued to follow my brother and his ex. "Look, the waitress, she mentioned that Ishmael's Tow Truck guy. Maybe they saw something."

"You're not police, Diego, remember?"

"Yeah, I know." He got into the car, and I rolled my eyes. What was it with him and getting arrested?

"Do you? Because you show up and act like you can be a part of this, and you can't, not anymore."

"I'm good at this. You know I can help you."

"I know you give me agita. And I do not need, I do not want your help! Okay?"

"Alright, if you two are done bickering like an old married couple, could I have the car keys? I need to get home somehow," I said, leaving Eudora to try to come up with a response while Diego answered.

"Front right coat pocket." I reached into the car and grabbed the keys from his pocket. "If you crash it-"

"I know, I know. You'll skin me while I stand, or something along those lines." I grinned, and Eudora looked mildly concerned about our siblingship.