The Day That Wasn't

"Vivian?"

My head swung up from my pillow to find Allison, a shocked smile on her face, standing in the doorway to my bedroom.

"Surprise! I'm not dead." I joked, sliding out of my blanket and off the bed to stand.

She brushed past the door and practically tackled me in a hug, almost sending me falling back onto the bed. I smiled, and hugged her back. We hadn't properly hugged in years, and it was good to be connected with her for a bit, even if it took something dramatic as my death to do it.

"Vivian Rose Hargreeves, don't you dare die on me again."

"No promises." She shook her head, a smile on her face as we pulled apart.

"You are impossible."

"Yeah, I try to be. Sorry I didn't let you know I was, uh, not dead earlier. I lost my phone, and I wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible last night."

"It's alright, Viv. I'm just glad you aren't gone."

"Me too." She let out a small laugh as I grabbed a hair tie and pulled my hair back into a ponytail, already bothered by the small wisps of brown drifting across my vision.

"Did... Did Pogo tell you why you didn't remember your powers?" She looked guilty, and I was pretty sure that even if Pogo hadn't informed me the day before that I would have been able to figure out what she had done.

"Yeah. Obviously I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not mad at you or anything. It was Dad who ordered it to happen. I forgive you."

"Really?" I smiled a little, nodding. I wouldn't blame my sister for my father's stupid decisions, I knew her better than to think she would willingly use her powers against me.

"You wouldn't have done it if you had a choice, Alli."

She pulled me into a second hug, resting her head on top of mine. She let out a sigh that seemed loaded with regret, but when she pulled back she was concerned about something other than her past actions.

"Luther's calling a family meeting. Apparently the apocalypse is coming in three days."

"That soon? Man, I never even got to go to a proper bar. How tragic." I joked, hoping the apocalypse wasn't actually going to happen in less than a week. He was most likely exaggerating. 

At least I hoped he was.

"I'd grab some breakfast first, we'll probably be there for a while." I nodded, turning to my bedside table. "Viv?" I looked back to her, expecting something sentimental. "No drinks, alright? You just died, so give your liver a break for once." She sent me a pointed look, then left my bedroom.

"Well apparently I can heal myself, so there's no need to protect my liver," I muttered to an empty room.

~~~

After changing out of my pajamas and eating a piece of toast, I headed upstairs and settled down behind Klaus, who had settled himself in front of one of the loveseats, a cup of coffee in hand. He patted my knee as Allison began to speak.

"Three days?"

"That's what Five said," Luther confirmed, accepting the coffee our sister offered him.

"But can we trust him? I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little-" She whistled, twirling a finger around beside her head.

"Our little psycho," Klaus laughed, taking a long drink of coffee.

"Five's not- well, I'm not gonna tell you his sanity is all there, but I believe him," I spoke up. I tried to make it a habit to trust my siblings, which, while it had gotten me into sticky situations many a time, had turned out to be a pretty okay rule to live by. I'd only died because of it once, at least that I knew of.