chapter 3

grace's pov

when we walk into the house, we're immediately greeted by the whole family, including zach. maybe myta told him to act good since my dad's here.

"so robert, where are you going to work?" myta asks my dad making conversation while we eat.

"i'll be starting my job as an engineer at boeing," my dad says after he finishes chewing his chicken.

"robert! that's what i do too!" josh exclaims.

"what a coincidence!" myta says with her sweet energy.

"i think i'm actually training you now that i think about it, robert malking is it?"

"exactly,"

"well look at that!" myta jumps in again. it's very quiet amongst the kids.

"so i'm guessing you're going on that florida trip this thursday with the whole team?" josh asks my dad. what trip?

"um yes," my dad says knowing he hasn't told me.

"when were you going to tell me dad?" i shouldn't have made the conversation public, but i was being nice about it at least.

"after today," he answers back.

"oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean to get you in trouble or anything," my dad shakes his head at josh showing him that it's fine. i drop it since i don't care that much.

"so! ryan, grace and zach all going to the same school huh?" myta looks at the kids side of the table.

"no fair!" reese pouts.

"so i take it you guys are getting along," myta eyes me, ryan and zach again.

"of course! i love ryan!" i give him a squeeze hug from the side. he laughs. i purposely don't mention zach. he doesn't care anyways.

"are you going with your dad on that trip grace? we're taking ryan and reese!"

"i think i'll stay behind, it's harder to miss days the older you get,"

"good point grace! that's why we're making zach stay, no matter how much he protests," zach looks up for the first time this whole dinner.

"i don't really care," he mutters then goes back to his food.

after dinner, we all say our thank you'd and goodbyes then me and my dad leave.