chapter 7

grace's pov

i told zach to give me time to get ready, and within 10 minutes i was walking to his house.

i walk up to zach's house and knock on the door.

"ok good, i was starting to think you wouldn't have showed up, if you didn't, ryan would have killed me,"

"well now i wish i didn't show up," i laugh.

"grace!" reese runs up to me again. we go through the same thing we do every time she runs up to me.

"where do you guys want to go?" i say looking at ryan and reese.

"i want to play volleyball in the backyard!" reese shouts.

"well lucky for you, i'm really good at volleyball," i say to reese.

"i'm better," zach scoffs.

"oh really? want to bet?" i ask him.

"bet what?" he asks again.

"if zach wins, grace has to kiss him!" ryan said excitedly.

"i am absolutely not agreeing to those rules ryan," i defend.

"it's because you know i'd win, grace!" zach sticks his tongue out at me.

"you know what? game on. let's do this zach, first to 20 wins,"

reese digs in the storage and brings out the volley ball. reese is on my team and ryan is on zach's.

the game was fair, each time i got a point, zach would get a point. we were both at 19 points.

i hit the ball over to zach's side, i see him spike the ball down on our side. i dive down trying to stop the ball but i cant. he won.

"yes! we won!" ryan shouts.

"i don't like that," i say, i really thought i was gonna win. there's no way i'm kissing zach, not while he's dating jasmine.

"you have to kiss zachy!" reese shouts.

"nope,"

"hey! you made a deal!" ryan protested. why do they want us to kiss so bad?

"did you forget that zach is dating jasmine guys?"

"i never liked her," reese crosses her arms.

"well luckily, they broke up!" ryan sticks his tongue out at me.

"say what now?" i ask everyone in general. i look at zach.

"yeah she broke up with me," he doesn't seem upset. ok then.

"i'm still not kissing zach,"

"well then we never want to see you again!" reese shouts again.

"zach, is this fine with you?" i knee reese could hold a grudge.

"i don't care, i'll just have to drink bleach afterward," i laugh even though this is his way of being mean to me in front of reese and ryan.

"whatever, reese and ryan turn around," i instruct them. there's no way i'm letting them watch. they do as i say and turn around.

i walk around the net and go up to zach.

"ready?" i ask him.

"just get it over with grace," he smirks.

i quickly lean in and kiss him. i think it lasted like 5 seconds i don't know. when we pull away i immediately face reese and ryan.

"okay guys, you can turn around now," i say to them.

"so?" ryan asks. "how was it?"

"normal, just like any other meaningless kiss," i answer to ryan. i see zach frown out of the corner of my eye but think nothing of it.

"ready to go bowling?" i ask reese and ryan. we all walk out to my car and i get in the drivers seat.

"so why haven't you gotten your license yet zach?" i ask zach as he gets into the passenger seat.

"well you see, i've never actually passed the test,"

"it's not that hard zach,"

"well it's not but i've never actually looked at the book, i've never had that motivation you know?"

"what if i help you study?" i ask zach cheerfully.

"no thanks," he scoffs. well i was trying to be nice but ok.

we walk into the bowling place and i walk up to the counter.

"3 games and 3 bowlers please!" i say to the cashier.

"wait there's four of us," zach says.

"well yeah but i'm just the ride, it's sibling time,"

"you can join," ryan says.

"no it's fine, i've never been a fan of bowling,"

"3 games, 3 bowlers, that'll be 30.75 please," the guys says. i hand him my card and he swipes it.

"you've got to be kidding me," zach says as he hold his card in his hands.

"it's fine, i don't mind," i smile at him.