chapter 4

grace's pov

it's monday. the day i start school. oh how i've been dreading this. however, i still don't care how i dress. i throw on leggings, a hoodie, and my tennis shoes then go downstairs to the kitchen.

"i'll take a waffle sir!" i say to my dad. he hands me my waffles on a plate, i grab them then get going. it's about a 5 minute drive to the high school, not bad.

when i walk into the school, everyone stares at me. ok i thought that only happened in movies. i follow the signs around the school and get to my first class, math. i take a seat next to a random girl because that's where the teacher told me to sit.

"hi! i'm emma!" oh okay she's enthusiastic.

"i'm grace," i smile at her.

"you're new here right? let me look at your schedule to see what other classes you have," she claps her hands.

"do you mind telling me where they are?" i ask her as i hand her my schedule.

"oh you had jasmine as a guide didn't you? i had her last year and she didn't show me shit!" we both laugh.

"ok so oddly enough, we have every class together, lucky me," i can tell this girl is going to be my best friend.

as we were walking out of our last class of the day, emma turns to me.

"hey, i was invited to a party on friday and you're kind of my only friend so do you want to come?" i'm slightly offended she only invited me because i'm the only friend she has, but i'm also honored.

"i've never been to a party though,"

"it's at this guys house, he's like the most popular guy that goes here, we're definitely going,"

"oh my gosh who is it?"

"his name is zach herron," i can't believe that zach is throwing a party while our parents are away, but i'm not one to snitch, and it'd annoy him if i showed up.

"i'm so down, let's do it,"