Prologue | 𝔒𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔞 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢...

They can take your world...
They can take your heart...
Cut you loose from all you know...
But if it's your fate...
Then every step forward...
Will always be a step closer to home...
–Sora

♥ ♥ ♥

𝔒𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔞 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢, in a land so close, yet so far, lies a door and behind that door is Kingdom Hearts. A kingdom once filled with darkness, and now light is shown throughout the land. The story behind it is a complicated one, so listen closely and be prepared.

It all started with the first Keyblade War—a battle between light and dark. The story begins as such, when the world was created, it was created in darkness and from that darkness came a light. According to an evil keyblade wielder named Master Xehanort, people believed that light was a gift from an unseen land, however, it was safeguarded by its counterpart, the χ-blade (keyblade). Warriors vied for that precious light, thus beginning the "Keyblade War". The violent clash shattered the χ-blade into twenty pieces—seven of light and thirteen of darkness. Only the real land was an unseen pool of darkness. The ones the warriors were after, was swallowed by the darkness, never to surface again.

Then came the second Keyblade War—a war that was started by non-other than Master Xehanort himself. It started because he wanted to put the χ-blade back together, and conquer the unseen land that was foretold to be deep within the darkness. To put the χ-blade together, Xehanort needed it's twenty pieces. It is said the twenty pieces of the χ-blade, were absorbed into the Seven Guardians of Light and the members of Organization Xlll, which were passed down through generations, to the reoccurring reincarnations of the First Keyblade War.

After hundreds of thousands of years, the unseen land foretold, was proclaimed the name of Kingdom Hearts.

"Wait!" A young child yelled, interrupting their mother's story. "This doesn't make any sense."

"What doesn't make any sense, my dearest child?" The mother closed her book, marking her page with a bookmark.

"Everything!" The child whined.

"My sweet child", the mother held her child's face gently, moving it to look at her, "this story you asked me to read to you, why the sudden interest?"

The young child looked in the eyes of their mother, such beauty shined within them. Her jade green eyes glistening in the moons reflection, from the window of the child's bedroom. Her smile was as warm as it could be, it left a feeling of security, in the child.

"I made a new friend today, and they said that the story of how the kingdom came to be was a strange one." The child's eyes started to burn with tears. "I just wanted to know how we came from the darkness."

"It's okay, little one, it surprised me at first, but now I see it. You will make a great ruler one day." The mother smiled at her child, and was about to say something else, but was stopped by the chiming of a clock. "It's time for bed, off you go."

"Yes, mother." The child climbed their mother's lap and gave her a hug and she kissed them on the forehead.

"Shall I tuck you in?"

"Please."

Mother and child walked to the child's bed, and the mother helped her child climb it, since they were having some trouble. She tucked her child in, and kissed them goodnight one last time.

"Goodnight, my sweet prince, may your dreams bring you joy and happiness." The mother smiled again, before turning off the lights and closed the door.

"Goodnight, mother." The child whispered, before falling into a blissful sleep.

The next day, the child's mother laid in her own bed, listening to the stories her sweet child told, just like the ones she would tell him, when he was sick. When all was calm, she broke out in sweat.

"My dear child, listen to me carefully. My time has been cut short, I'm very sick and my illness cannot be cured. When I pass on to the next world, I wish for you to not be upset about my leaving. I want you to be kind and spread it throughout the land, to touch the darkest of hearts. You may not understand it now, but you will one day. Make those hearts see the light in our world, that it is not all bad." The mother fluttered her eyes, and her breathing labored. "Make them bright... 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘢."

And she was gone.

♥ ♥ ♥

On that same day, another family was going through the same grievances. A child lost their parents in a fire that burned down their home, a few years back, and now their grandmother is also sick in bed. The child is about to lose one of their last living family members.

"My dear, sweet little flower, the journey ahead of you, from hear on out, will be a difficult one. One day, the stars that you chase, will shine bright from deep within you. Cast away your fears, my grandchild, for you shall bring light into the world, but until that day comes when you can feel it inside you, be strong. Keep your head high, and know that I will always be beside you. I shall follow you through your destiny, guiding you to your success." The grandmother stuttered put her last words, clutching her grandchild's hand one last time. "I know... that one day... we shall meet again... my dear. I love you... Now, go... and f-follow your... heart... 𝘒𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘪."

With her final words of wisdom, the little girl's grandmother had fallen into the world above. Kairi, sat there holding her grandmother's limp hand, crying. She sat there until her Aunt Larxene took her away, to her home, where Kairi's cousins Naminé and Xion await for her arrival.

In the carriage looking out the window, Kairi sighed with an upsetting look on her face. Larxene looked up from her lap, as she kept reading her brother's will from three years ago, and watched Kairi silently cry.

"Hey, what's with the look? Come on, be happy." Larxene said, in a snotty attitude. "Look, she's gone. Your grandma isn't coming back, get over it."

Her words only brought more tears to young Kairi's eyes, as she sobbed. Surely, she thought that her Aunt Larxene would also be upset about her mother's passing, but as fate would have it, she wasn't.

Kairi continued to look out the window of the carriage, as it pulled up in front of a large house with several servants, all in a line. When the carriage stopped, one of the servants walked to the carriage, opening the door for Larxene and Kairi.

"Welcome home, Lady Larxene." The servant said, and watched as Kairi jumped down from the carriage stairs. "And a warm welcome to you, little Miss."

"Thank you." Kairi tried to put on a smile, but it faded to a frown.

"You're very welcome, I certainly hope you enjoy your stay." The servant said, with a warm, welcoming smile.

In that moment, two little girls about the same age as Kairi, pushed open the front doors. One with blonde hair and blue eyes, the other with black hair and blue eyes.

"Did you bring us anything new?!" One of the little girls asked. Kairi identified her as Naminé, the girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"No, but your cousin Kairi is going to be staying with us, for a while." Larxene booped her nose.

"Whose Kairi?" The other little girl asked. Kairi identified her as her other cousin, Xion—the little girl with black hair and blue eyes.

"Why, she's your cousin, now show some respect and show her the room that you've prepared for her." Larxene smirked.

׺°"˜'"°º× ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ׺°"˜'"°º×

❝𝘋𝘶𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴, 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴' 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘴, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘶𝘴 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯, 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴.❞