Chapter 1 | The First Meeting

Don't ever forget...
Wherever you go...
I'm always with you...
–Kairi

♥ ♥ ♥

10 Years Later

It was a bright summers day, in Kingdom Hearts. The sky was as blue as ever, a few puffs of clouds gently floated over a woodsy area. The ocean waves roared against the cliffs of the dry earth, as the clouds parted and passed through the calm skies. A thick shady green of trees covered some of the landscape, giving anyone on the sea a marvelous and enchanting view of Destiny Cliff.

Whoosh!

The sound of a rapid breeze flourished the beautiful land with music. A young man, around the age of sixteen, galloped through the forest, on his noble light brown steed. His, slightly, untamed light brown hair bounced every time his horse touched the ground, continuously moving forward, at a great speed. His dark, yet bright, blue colored eyes held a twinkle of excitement, wonder, and adventure. He was supposed to be doing some work for his father, but what's a little break gonna do to him. Unfortunately, his father thought otherwise, sending the captain of the guard and a well known mage, who he had hired for occasions like these, to bring him back home.

As he rode deeper into the woods, unknowing of what could be in there, he stumbled upon a young maiden picking berries and such. He slowed his horse down to a trot, and then a walk. Carefully, climbing down from his horse, and stared at the maiden before him. She had pale skin, and from what he could see, she held delicate features in her face, that seemed so beautiful to him. Her clothes consisted of a dark pink dress, that looked dirtied from working so hard. She wore a white apron around her waist, letting the cloth draped over the lower region of her dress. The shoes matched the dress perfectly, but what he really noticed about the young maiden was her eyes, and the necklace she wore. She had the same warm eyes as his deceased mother had, except hers were an oceanic blue. The necklace she wore had a silver chain, but the rest couldn't be seen, since it was covered by the cape he just noticed she wore. 

"Excuse me, sir, but are you lost?" The young maiden asked, in a sweet sounding voice, pulling the boy out of the trance she kept him in.

"Uh...", the young man cleared his throat, "No, but what is a lovely young lady like you doing in the woods?"

"Oh, well... I could ask the same to you..." the young maiden said, staring deeply into his eyes.

"Touché." The boy smirked, walking closer. "Please, let me introduce myself, Miss. My name is—"

The boy was interrupted by the sound of footsteps, and yelling. He turned his head to see the captain and the mage, running towards him. He took the girl's hand, and dragged her into a bush.

"He—" He covered her mouth to keep her quiet.

"Shh!" He shushed the girl, and she viciously took his hand off her mouth.

"Why are we hiding?" She whispered. Then, a dog-like humanoid wearing armor and a duck wearing a mage hat jogged through the area.

"I know he came through here, but... uh... where is he?" The dog-like humanoid asked in a goofy voice.

"I don't know! I was following you!" The mage duck quacked.

"Heya, Donald, I think this is horse." The dog said, pointing out the boy's horse.

"No, Goofy", started the duck, in a sarcastic voice, "really?!"

"Ella!" The young maiden looked in the direction her name was being called in from behind the bush.

"Excuse me, but I must leave." The girl said, before standing up and faced the dog and duck.

"Excuse me, miss, but have you seen a boy with light brown hair and blue eyes come through?" The dog said.

"Uh..." The young maiden felt the need to keep this boy from getting in some kind of trouble, so she simply said, "no. No, I have not."

"Are you sure?" The duck asked.

"Yes, I'm very positive."

"Ella, come back here... now!" The young maiden's name was called again, but in a more urgent tone.

"Excuse me, but I must be getting back." The maiden bowed, then turned to run as fast as she can, with her basket of fresh fruits and berries.

"Ella!" The person calling her was getting even more frustrated, and called her name with more urgency.

"I'm on my way! I'll be there shortly!" She yelled, as she continued to run.

The boy was still behind the bushes, watching as she ran off into the distance. He suddenly got the feeling of loneliness, and to him it was painful. While she was running, the boy accidentally moved in the bushes, giving away his position.

"Oh, man!" He whispered, annoyingly.

"There you are, Sora!" The dog humanoid said.

"Why did you leave?!" The ducked quacked.

"Because I'm tired of staying in the castle all day, helping my father do his paperwork!" The boy, Sora, exclaimed, walking over to his horse.

"Where are you going?" The duck quacked, again.

"Don't worry Donald. I'm going back to the castle." Sora sighed.

Sora climbed up to his saddle, taking the horse's reigns by his hands. He used his heels to jolt his horse into a gallop.

"I'll see you guys back at the castle!" Sora yelled, as he ran off on his horse to the castle.

♥ ♥ ♥

Kairiella made it back home safely, a sense of fear rose into her chest. Her aunt wasn't the nicest of people, it doesn't matter if she's happy or angry, her anger was what brought her to do something evil, so evil it became wicked.

Kairiella ran into the servant entrance of her aunts large manor. When she stepped inside, there her aunt was, sitting in the chair at the end of a long table, in the center of the room. Her hands folded neatly on the table, her green eyes held the savage fury of a nymph. Kairiella's aunt stood from the table showing her black dress, which was laced with silver from her breasts to her waist. Below her waist the dress flowed down to her ankles, covering her black witch shoes.

"You're late." She scolded, putting her gloves hands on her waist, tapping her foot, wearing her signature angered expression.

"I know, and I'm deeply apologize, Aunt Larxene, for my wronging." Kairiella bowed in shame. "I was being distracted—"

"I don't want to here your excuses. Clean up, after yourself, and start cooking dinner." Larxene started walking away. "Oh, and make extra, we're having guests."

"Yes ma'am." Kairiella whispered, and her eyes glossed.

Quickly, she wiped her tears away, and sniffled her nose. She put the basket down and began making dinner, wondering who was the special guests were.

׺°"˜'"°º× ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ׺°"˜'"°º×

❝𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦. ❞