Chapter 2 | The Dinner Guests

If you have a dream...
Don't wait...
Act...
One of life's little rules...
Got it memorized...?
–Axel

♥ ♥ ♥

Inside one of the largest rooms in the manor, were two females and their cousin. One of the females was wearing a light gray dress, so light it looked white, and her blonde hair was put up in a high bun. The other female, in the room, was wearing a dark gray dress, that almost looked black, and her black hair was left down, considering how short it was. Their cousin was helping them get ready at the same time, which was not that difficult at all. She wore, a dirtied pink dress with an apron rested around her waist and draped below it.

"Ella, sweetie, help me put this on." Kairiella's blonde cousin commanded, holding a silver chain with a gold star as its pendant.

Kairiella sighed, putting the necklace on her cousin, Naminé. When she clipped it, she stepped away from her cousin, as she twirled in delight. Kairiella walked over to her other cousin, Xion, helping her put on some earrings that were in the shape of an "X". The "X" on her earrings is a symbol that stands for the Recusants Sigil—its home is on the keychain of the χ-blade (two Keyblades cross diagonally to reference χ's shape). The χ-blade is the key to enter the Kingdom of Hearts, and it is hidden by the royal family of Kingdom Hearts.

"Naminé, Xion! Come down, our guests have arrived!" Larxene called her daughters.

Both girls walked out of their room with a strong sense of purpose, considering the fact they both practically ran out of the room. They left Kairiella in their with no concern for the poor girl, but nonetheless, she made her way down the stairs. On her way down, she was met with a pair of familiar blue eyes. They were like the boy's eyes she met earlier that day, but they weren't. This boy was different. He wore a plate of armor over his chest. He wore no helmet, so Kairiella could see his dirty blonde, short, and spiky hair. The pants the boy was wearing matched his armored chest plate, except they looked more like pants. The same goes for his shoes. Accessory wise, on his left wrist was a checkerboard styled bracelet, and a on his left index finger and middle finger were two rings—black and white.

Next to him was a very similar looking boy. His description matches that of the boy next to him, not much is needed to be explained, except he doesn't have rings or a bracelet.

"Ah! Ella, darling, would please come show our guests to the dining hall." Larxene ordered as "nicely" as she can.

"Yes, Mistress." Kairiella turned to face the boys quickly, ushering the two gentlemen to the dining area of the manor, and said, "Please, follow me."

As Kairiella led the two to the dining area, she over heard their conversation. On the account of her being near them, she didn't mean to know what she does now, and frankly it was stuck in the front of her mind, for the rest of the night. At one point, she, accidentally, spilled some tea on Naminé's dress, which infuriated the girl, greatly.

"I apologize for my foolishness, Lady Naminé", Kairiella bowed, "please, punish me, in anyway you see fit."

The two gentlemen at the table were astonished. Never in their lives have they seen a maiden working in a house—any house for that matter—asking for a punishment. Naminé noticed the look on the two boys and redirected her self to look at the bowing Kairiella.

"There is no need, Ella, dear. I believe, you should keep to your duties and clean this mess up." Naminé said, with a smile—a fake one I might add.

"Of course, Lady Naminé." Kairiella stood up from her bow and proceeded to clean up the mess she made.

As soon as the mess was cleaned up, Kairiella continued to serve everyone tea and dinner. When finished, she waited against a wall, again, listening to their conversations. Once dinner was over, Kairiella quickly went to the kitchen to grab the dessert from the table. She came back only to trip and fall, face planting into the desert she made. Larxene and her daughters laughed, and the guests tried to keep in their chuckles, but failed. Embarrassed, Kairiella cleaned up the mess, so Larxene wouldn't yell at her, and ran up to her room, located in the very top of the manor in a tower, or more precisely the attic.