Chapter 3 | WayFinders and Invitations?

Somewhere out there,
there's this tree with star-shaped fruit...
As long as you and your friends carry good luck charms shaped like it,
nothing can ever drive you apart...
You will always find your way back to each other...
An unbreakable connection...
—Master Aqua

♥ ♥ ♥

Angry.

That's how Sora felt. He felt angry at his father, as he walked into the throne hall. It's modest braziers half encompassing each of the six, pearl white, columns light up every part of the throne hall and cover the hall in warm reds and oranges. The stained glass windows in the arched ceiling dance in the flickering light, while statuettes look down upon the obsidian floor of this ostentatious hall.

A turquoise rug runs from the throne down the center and loops back from both left and right while pointed banners with ornate borders the walls. Between each banner stands a large candlestick, many of them have been lit and in turn illuminate the statuettes of conquerors and victors below them. Extensive, colored glass windows are covered by veils colored the same maroon as the banners. The curtains have been adorned with embellished borders and jewels.

A noble throne of marble sits in front of a giant painting of the kingdom and is adjoined by two equally impressive seats for the royal highness' direct family. The throne is covered in simple motifs, and fixed on the wide backside is a lavish star. The thin pillows are a light blue and these too have been adorned with embellished tufts. Those wishing to listen to their royal highness can do so on the several opulent, albeit uncomfortable marble benches, all of which are facing the center of the hall. Those of higher standing can instead take seat in the opulent mezzanines overlooking the throne, on the balcony.

Sitting in his throne (the one in the middle) was none other than Sora's father, King of Kingdom Hearts, Cloud Strife. Sora walks to the front of the pedestal, and gets on his right knee, bowing.

"Rise, my son." The king said, sitting tall, in his chair.

"You asked to speak with me, father?" Sora asked, looking into the cool of his father's blue eyes.

"Yes. In my best interest, I've hired some of the strongest keyblade wielders, to protect and keep an eye on you." The kings said, sternly.

"So, what you're saying is that you don't trust me?" Sora said, even more angrier than before, considering he feels his father doesn't trust him.

"That's exactly what he's saying, your royal highness." Someone said, entering the room with his two companions following behind him.

"Ah! Here they are." The king stood. "Son, meet Terra, Aqua, and Ventus."

Terra is tall young man with brown hair that reaches to the base of his neck in the back and is styled into rather messy, vertical spikes and bangs that frame his face. He has blue eyes and slightly tanned skin. Terra wore two intersecting straps over his chest, though his red ones are rather different, dropping much lower down and almost resembling criss-crossed suspenders. He wears a skintight, black, high-collared shirt, showing that he is rather muscular. Terra's pants bear a distinct feudal Japanese style; his belt is tied like an obi-sash and he wears hakama (traditional samurai pants distinguished by the large pleats). His hakama are dark grey near the top, with several loops for his belt and two buttons, both of which are undone. The rest of the pants are tan with a small, lighter stripe of tan on the bottom hem. Terra wears a plain black wristband on his right arm, while his left arm is significantly more armored.