Six.Kwensi

After the bell rung, after being shoved around, after getting to class and having everyone introduce themselves, Kwensi repeated this a few more times throughout the day.

Then came lunch.

He got his food

Okay. This is it. Where he sat today determined everything for the rest of the year, like who his friends would be.

Not the book worms, no. He kept walking.

Definitely not the silent kids. He was quiet most of the day, but that's because he doesn't know anyone.

"I'm so serious, he looked just like you! And he was so confused when I was calling your name."

Such a familiar voice.

Kwensi turned to see that dark skinned girl from earlier. Laughter erupted from the table like a volcano, but Kwensi didn't understand what was so funny.

"Oh my god, there he is!" She got up and sped over to Kwensi, who was standing as still as a tree. She grabbed him an dragged him over to the table, then turned him around. "See?"

"Oh god, you're probably scaring the hell out of him, Kayla."

Kwensi spun around to see a group of teens watching him like he was some kind of great object on display. "He's not scared! You aren't scared, right?" She whispered the last part to him, and he replied with a mumbled 'no'.

"Er mer gerd, he's Jamaican. Just like me, he's my homie." Kayla joked, making double chins. Some of her friends rolled their eyes. "Hey, hey, sit with us, homie-dawg." She ushered him to a seat.

"Hey, I'm Kayla, and these are my friends."

She introduced him to a small group of eight people and when that was done, he greeted them. They told stories of their summer, lame jokes, actually funny jokes, and how they wanted to leave school already during the rest of lunch.

This was okay. It was a good place to sit, with a group of kids that seemed to be nice, if not, cool.