Part 5: One Broken Heart to Another

<<Disclaimer: this part is of meta-narrative type; meaning It is written from chosen  characters' perspective that  are narrating the story>>

I was going crazy- as if I wasn't already! Why did you do that Gauri? Why did you have to go through all of this alone? Why didn't you come to tell me what that bastard did to you? Were you afraid? Were you ashamed? Or were you threatened? If that was the case I swear by the old Gods and the new that no one in the history of torture has been tortured like the torture I would torture him with!!! I swear to twist and turn, break and bend his miserable life so much that Satan's Hell would feel like Santa Park! I swear on the life of the most precious soul in my shitty life to take away everyone and everything he hold dear or even considers of value! I swear on the honor of all those women he terrorized to make him so ashamed to ever raise an eye –let alone a finger on any woman on this planet Earth! I swear a sacred vow to.....

"Nahi, Om! Devil-off!" I thought to myself when I was just about to open the door to my room, "You can't waltz in there like this! Your chiraiya may never look at you the same way if she ever saw your vamp face! Plus, her state now....Nahi, Om! Chill! Breathe in..breathe out..... Breathe in..breathe out.... Breathe in..breathe out..."

And so I did, I tried to calm myself on the simple hope that maybe when I walk in there, Gauri would tell me what happened and what that Raakshas did to her. I opened the door then, I wished that I never did; it felt like someone has stabbed me a million times with a blunt knife directly in the heart. I thought, "Why Gauri?! Why did you have to do this?!":

The room that was a literal mess a few minutes ago as if it was struck by tsunami is now as good as new as if nothing ever happened here; the chair this monster threw away after Gauri threw at him was in place in front of my table, the sketches and papers she threw at him were in place at the table opposite the sofa, the metallic vase she threw at him was in place right on the table next to my side of the bed, the brushes and paint she threw on the ground with her feet when that jaanavar forcefully carried her from her waist putting his other hand on her mouth so that she couldn't shout are in place on my painting table, the billows that were severely disheveled are in perfect place and organization, the carpet she flipped over him was also in its right place in front of the bed, even the walls that had paint sprayed on them were perfectly clean...

"Why Gauri?! Why did you have to do this?! Why did you have to go through all of this alone when I am always there by your side? Why are you too adamant to make everything look normal as if nothing ever happened?! Why are you sitting in the darkness all alone and afraid to raise the sound of your cry?" I thought to myself, "Is that the same woman who freed herself from slavery and kicked Kali Thakur's ass? Is that the same woman who defeated a naagin like Svetlana? Is that the same woman who saved me from psycho buamaa? Is that the same woman challenged and almost defeated a huge Godzilla in a single trail by combat?......Nahi! Where is my Barielly dabang wife? And more importantly, who is this broken zinda laash?! Who knows!"

I turned on the light, walked towards Gauri calling out her name multiple times but she was so lost in her scars that she didn't even notice me being in the room with her. I wiped my tears, calmed myself down a bit then, "Jaan" I called her gently after putting my hand on her shoulder but she suddenly stood up covered in sweat, she kept inhaling and exhaling so rapidly as if she saw a ghost or something like. So, I cupped her petit face with my hands, "GAURI!.....HEY!!!.....HEY! HEY!!!.....HEY!!!.....IT'S ME...OMKARA!.....BREATHE!" I shouted with concern.

"Omkaraji, aap?" she exclaimed.

"Yes, Gauri. Me! What is up?" I asked as if I didn't know, "Why did you leave the party? And why are you sitting all alone in here?"